ForumsForum GamesKickstarter Thread - Mech Assault (RPG) by Rychus and Benni

9 2937
rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

The year is 1812. Scientists have recently discovered the art of steam, and with it, many inventions have been created. The world was made different, smarter men have come forth to add their inventions to the world. The most recent invention, was the invention of Mechs. Some of them are small, at the height of 3-5 feet. These mechs were made for the sole purpose of hard labor. Why work hard on something when you can have a Mech do it for you!? From there, Mechs grew drastically. Another inventor saw the Mechs for more than there ability to do arduous effort, and he made more Mechs. These Mechs were giants, though. Standing from 7-10 feet tall! They were made for the purpose of war.
With the new invention, war sprang out everywhere. The Mechs, they were on the front lines. Devastating to regular infantry, but every now and then, two Mechs from different origins would battle it out. It was both Amazing and Terrifying. You are a pilot, a specially trained person who operates the Mechs. Your job: Battle, destroy, kill.

Thats the story that I have so far.

This RPG will be a survival/combat RPG. At the beginning, I will have you choose your own Mech. Different Mechs will have different strengths and weaknesses. This is 1812, but a VERY different 1812 than you may think.
Everything is steampunk, which means almost everything is run off of steam in some way or another.

I really want feedback on who's interested so far. I still need to draw a map out, and fix up the character sheet.
Give me some ideas or feedback please!

-Rychus

• 9 Replies
benni369
benni369
328 posts
Shepherd

Yup! This is what me and rychus are working on!

jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

Are the people within mechs or operate them remotely?

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

The pilots are within the mechs. You can jump out at any time, but are very vulnerable if your on the battlefield.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

dont draw a map here, just let it be free roaming. unless you plan on a lot of PvP, there wouldnt be a reason to draw a map is its gonna be like universal.

i will join when this comes out.

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

I hope to have it PvP, you can join the Rebels, or the United Confederation (UC).

jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

You also said there are three feet tall worker mechs. How do those work, since I wouldn't think there are many two feet tall pilots avaible.

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

Those are automatically controlled, with an AI. They are robots, in other words. I plan on having a "Special Attachment" which you can buy with Merits. Merits are the currency in this RPG. You earn Merits through combat.
This "Special Attachment" will allow a certain class to control a small Mech for recon.

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

Sounds a bit like "Ironclad Tactics."

Actually, No! Me and Benni were brainstorming ideas when the word "Mech" popped up.

And no, it won't stop me from playing the RPGs I am active in now.
danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

what are the stories for the diffrent teams?

Showing 1-9 of 9