ForumsForum GamesApril Will Come [RPG]

183 59922
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

WELCOME TO ARCADIA, THE BEST PLACE ON EARTH.

Arcadia was founded in the late 2015 to cope with the massive immigrant influx arriving in the United States following the enormous economic depression during the so-called Greater Arab War. The population of cities in the East Coast exploded, to the point that the cities' supply systems could no longer cope with the people they had been designed to deal with.

In January 2015, the government passed the Arcadia Act, which specified the construction of a city dedicated to temporarily housing all of the US's immigrant population. The city was to be circular in shape, with taller buildings at the edge of the circle and lower buildings as they approached the central park, so that all had a view of the green area from anywhere in the city. It was planned that Arcadia would be the first truly futuristic city in the planet, a layout that would be tested with immigrants.

Well, at least that's how it was supposed to be.

While the city was welcoming its first inhabitants in 2021, the arab war exploded into the Third World War. The Middle East became a dangerous fallout, large areas of Africa were bombed to pieces, and China was completely put out of the game as a global power, leaving Russia, the European Union, and the US as the three major powers of the world. The United States' East Coast suffered heavy bombing, the brunt of which was concentrated in - you guessed it - Arcadia.

When the bombing began, there were 1.4 million non-US citizens living in the city, the majority of which were of Russian, Italian, or Mexican descent. An estimated 60.000 US citizens lived in the city as well, the majority of which were Policemen, or other government affiliates. The downtown area (the circle) of Arcadia was already finished, and suburbs had sprung all around the city to house more inhabitants.

The city was almost completely burst asunder by the heavy bombing. It was rapidly turned from a modern and powerful city to a pile of burning rubble. An estimated 300.000 were killed by the bombs. Anarchy broke out almost immediately after, as the remaining citizens struggled to find food, water, and the other necessary supplies for life. Gangs and Mafias sprung up, mainly once-raced and discriminating against other racist groups. Efforts by the thinly spread police to calm the chaos were completely futile, and they were pulled out of the city almost immediately after.

This is where you come in. But first of allâ¦who are you?

1. An Unfortunately, Fortunately Mission

You were part of a military task force sent to the Northern suburbs of the city to secure government control, and begin installation of a forward base for government assets to operate from said place. While this was taking place, the Russian gang ambushed you and your fellow soldiers. In the ensuing firefight, all your fellow brothers were killed, and you were wounded and left for dead (character must be 18+).

2. A Matter of Semantics

You and your recently-married spouse have packed most of your belongings and are planning on leaving the city. While you and your wife (or husband) were driving out of the city to escape the growing chaos, you were stuck up by the Italian Mafia and you and your spouse were beaten, thrown out of the vehicle, and forgotten in the sidewalk (character must be 18+).

3. A Nearly-as-Tragic Episode, without the Tragic Part

You were an immigrant sent to live in the city long ago, and have lived as a street urchin since. You must do whatever you can to survive in this hell on Earth.

4. Make-Your-Own

Make your own back story. Only post it on your first post (when you're filling the sheet), you don't need to post it continually. It needs to be interesting and creative, if it is bland and/or not very canon-ish, I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to let you use it, and you'll have to pick another instead.

CHARACTER SHEET

In your first post, please include your 1. Filled-out Character Sheet, and 2. Back-story.

Name: (Include first name, any middle names, and last name or names).
Appearance: (Please be as short as you can while getting the point across. Include race).
--
Apparel: (What your character is wearing).
Inventory: (What items you have with your person).
Weapons: (Any weapons you have with your person. Ammunition included here).
--
Health: 100/100 (While I despise the traditional HP system, it is necessary for this RPG).
Abilities: (Notable abilities your character has. One example is the ability to drive a car. I'll let you pick 3 at the beginning, you can think a bit and select the ones you like best. Make them up, and I'll tell you if they're fine).
Perks: (More uncommon abilities your character has. One example is fighting with a sword (note, this doesn't give you a sword to begin with). Make one up, I'll tell you if it's alright).

I reserve the right to either add or detract items from the sheet for an individual player's needs.

OTHER FACTS AND INFORMATION THAT MUST BE PROCURED

Is winning possible?

You can, according to your background story, make a goal for your character. For example, if you pick the first option, your goal could be to construct that military base after all and restore US-Government control to the anarchy now reigning in the city. Of course, you can always play forever.

Companions? Friends? PC interaction?

Yes, you can have companions and friends following you around, helping you out in your quest to be entertained. As far as Player-to-Player interaction, I will allow it if the players involved express written consent to have their respective characters interact. Furthermore, events that a person causes will be felt throughout the city and will affect everyone. Players can also help or obstruct other players. In fact I'd find it quite interesting if a group of players got together to survive, or something like that.

Can my character die?

Yes, your character can die. If your character dies, you will be returned three turns before your death (this can be changed at the OP's discretion). If I feel that you are pestering me by constantly dying on purpose, then I will warn you. If you die pointlessly again (like throwing yourself from a window), I'm afraid I'm going to have to kill your character completely. Please don't make me do this.

What you can/cannot do.

Your character can do realistic actions within the power of a normal human being to execute, plus any abilities/perks that you have chosen. Just think about the action a bit, and you'll realize almost immediately if your character can or cannot do it.

Proper Grammar and Spelling.

You must use english to the best of your ability. If you are purposely writing with bad grammar and/or spelling, you will first be warned, and then kicked from the RPG.

A SHORT, POINTLESS, YET NECESSARY WARNING

Due to the very obvious tense conditions in the place where this RPG will take place, the Non-playable characters will be somewhat racist. Especially among different gangs, racism will be widespread. I of course am not going to use words such as the 'n' word in said occasions, but different ethnic groups will be fighting against each other - and against you - mostly based upon race. And, to a somewhat lesser extent, gender. Unless you're Storm, of course, because Storm is⦠special. *shudder*

I reserve all OP and GM rights, including that to kick you if necessary.

If you have any questions, please ask them now. Unless you're MattEmAngel. If you are him, please ask questions in my profile, haha.

• 183 Replies
Showing 271-270 of 183