Forums

ForumsVideo Games

Wait, they thought it was a good idea to put THAT in the game?!

Posted Oct 26, '13 at 12:14pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,611 posts

Probably a joke character. They've always made them, for example: Jigglypuff, Mr. Game & Watch, Rob(or so I hear), and Wii Fit Trainer.

Melee also had Young Like in it, who was identical except he had fire arrows and less range. Not sure if filler or just shouting out to previous games people loved. Hm. Pichu, on the other hand, took damage when it attacked. Joke character.

Jigglypuff was and is a joke character, but I love the character anyway because getting beat down by him is hilarious. Mr. Game and Watch was from the very first games Nintendo ever released, so it's a shout-out to gamers who have always been playing Nintendo, and I think it's kind of cool. ROB was...I'm not sure. I don't think he was a joke character though.

And yes, the new SSB game has the Wii Fit trainer in it for absolutely no good reason whatsoever. I can't think of anyone who would enjoy playing as a Wii Fit trainer on purpose.

Posted Oct 26, '13 at 9:54pm

Kreitmaker

Kreitmaker

260 posts

SOME silent protagonists fit the ball. If they never talk, and you never see them, then why did the developers have him/her as the protagonist you are forced to play as for all or most of the campaign? (When there is clearly a ******/epic squadmate or supporting character that you'd rather play as instead.)

Posted Oct 29, '13 at 9:03am

turret

turret

1,677 posts

Almost everything in Duke Nukem Forever made me say " Wait, they thought it was a good idea to put THAT in the game?!"

Posted Oct 29, '13 at 8:52pm

pickpocket

pickpocket

3,399 posts

Electrocutioner from Arkham Origins. C'mon.... this boss is such a joke. He goes down in one hit. Waste of time and of a potentially interesting character.

Posted Oct 31, '13 at 7:07pm

gh0sts

gh0sts

887 posts

Melee also had Young Like in it, who was identical except he had fire arrows and less range. Not sure if filler or just shouting out to previous games people loved.

Young Link is another useless character. If he had been significantly better than Link in any way, he would have been a reasonable addition. All these years later, I still wish they had filled that character space with someone else.

What about Dr. Mario? Aside from the pill-throwing, are his moves any different from Mario's?

ROB was...I'm not sure. I don't think he was a joke character though.

ROB at least has his own set of moves and isn't a duplicate of a stronger player. I enjoy playing with him on occasion because he's a well-rounded character and very fun to play with once you know how to use him.

Posted Oct 31, '13 at 9:43pm

stinkyjim

stinkyjim

464 posts

Fixed cameras, in any game. Worst design ever. I prefer to have control of what I'm looking at, in order to assess what I'm supposed to do.
Take God of War for example: I can't even describe how many times I fell off a cliff or into a hole, because the camera was situated in a position that made it impossible to tell how big of a jump I needed.

Posted Nov 1, '13 at 9:02pm

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

3,997 posts

and i think you overestimate the assist trophies way too much.

I don't underestimate how annoying they can be. Sure, they may not deal much damage, but you can't really fight them off, and having an enemy that follows you around that you can't get rid of (and sometimes gets in the way of everybody) is something that the game is better off without.

when it comes to skill you just turn them off and play on a basic unmoving stage but does that mean they should get rid of stages?

I find the moving stages distracting and boring, but it all depends on what you're trying to get out of the game. Some people prefer them to the nonmoving ones, and I'll admit they can be fun every once in a while, but for me, all the jumping around to keep from falling off is just distracting.

Jigglypuff was and is a joke character, but I love the character anyway because getting beat down by him is hilarious.

Not to mention that B-down move, but that's very difficult to execute properly, and it's severely weaker in Brawl anyway.

And yes, the new SSB game has the Wii Fit trainer in it for absolutely no good reason whatsoever. I can't think of anyone who would enjoy playing as a Wii Fit trainer on purpose.

I felt the same way about the Pokémon Trainer in Brawl. More of a novelty character than a useful one, I thought.

ROB at least has his own set of moves and isn't a duplicate of a stronger player. I enjoy playing with him on occasion because he's a well-rounded character and very fun to play with once you know how to use him.

R.O.B. was one of the first of the "new" characters I mastered back in my Brawl days. He's kind of joke character, but he's also a great addition to the series. I hope to see him in the fourth SSB installment.

Posted Nov 2, '13 at 9:17am

jcwgames

jcwgames

60 posts

Nah. Try playing Epic Mickey. That camera is messed up.

Posted Nov 2, '13 at 12:21pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,218 posts

Not to mention that B-down move, but that's very difficult to execute properly, and it's severely weaker in Brawl anyway.

But it is so very, very satisfying to land it.

Also, Jiggly is great for cruel brawl

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Nov 2, '13 at 8:46pm

Skulltivator

Skulltivator

645 posts

Why did they put the ghosts in Pac Man? That game would be so much easier without them.

Reply to Wait, they thought it was a good idea to put THAT in the game?!

You must be logged in to post a reply!