Forums

ForumsProgramming Forum

Flash/Actionscript IDE for Linux/Ubuntu

Posted Oct 23, '13 at 8:16pm

DarkeSpyne242

DarkeSpyne242

2 posts

Ever since I've discovered them, I've always loved flash games! Now, since I am comfortable with other languages, such as C, C++, and Java, I want to venture into the realm of ActionScript (The programming lang for Flash). The problem is... I can't seem to find any free IDEs (Integrated Development Environments (think MS Visual Studio). Plus, there still aren't that many linux IDEs for various languages... and I'm kinda broke :

Posted Oct 24, '13 at 3:47pm

weirdlike

weirdlike

475 posts

Knight

If you really want to get into flash the best thing to do is follow the guide located HERE all the tools there are free including FlashDevelop there is a section in their (FlashDevelop) forums about linux systems located HERE. Unfortunately I use windows so all I can do is suggest, good luck :)

Posted Oct 24, '13 at 7:40pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

I don't know if this would be the case for you, but I never got FlashDevelop to work - one thing you can do is download the Flex Compiler, extract it, and install it. Once you've done that, any ActionScript files you have you can compile with the mxmlc [path] command. It doesn't give you a visual front end, but you could always implement the .swf into a webpage and see it from there. This website should have some information if you're confused about the installation. Let me know if you still have trouble.

Reply to Flash/Actionscript IDE for Linux/Ubuntu

You must be logged in to post a reply!