ForumsArt, Music, and WritingScary Stories

21 22701
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Been doing some short stories and thought I would share.

This first one is called Other Side.

I use to be an ordinary person. I would go to work each day at the office and come home to watch the latest news on tv. I would sometimes help out at the local church on the weekends. Today when I woke up I felt different some how. My whole body felt stiff and sore, but worse than that I had this unbearable hunger.

I went to the kitchen to find something to eat. Opening the refrigerator door I began grabbing what ever was closest to the front and tried eating it right there. Something was wrong. Nothing tasted right, it was like eating cardboard. I quickly spit the food out. Had it gone bad? No, I just got this food yesterday. I tried something else, again the food tasted wrong, but I ate it anyway trying to satisfy the growing hunger in me. No matter how much of this food I tried to eat the hunger just got worse.

It had been hours and by this time I had torn apart my kitchen looking for something that would fill me up, but everything tasted wrong. The stiff sore feeling had gone away, but the hunger in me had now become ravenous. I felt like I was starving. Then I heard a soft knock on my door. I looked up and again 'knock knock'. I opened the front door and looked down to find a little girl who couldn't have been no older then eight at most. She wore a girl scout uniform and was holding a box of cookies in both hands. She looked up at me with big brown doe like eyes and held the box of cookies out towards me. "Would you like to by some cookies mister?" she asked. The hunger pain lurched inside of me! YES, THIS, THIS IS WHAT I WANTED TO EAT!

I don't know how long I was out but I was brought back around to the sound a woman screaming. I must have blacked out from hunger, but the hunger was gone now. I looked down at my hands, they were covered in blood. I began to look around, on the floor next to me was the little girl. At least I think it was her. She had been torn apart. Becoming more aware I could feel the blood caked on around my mouth. I had eaten the little girl. I looked over at the screaming woman, as I stumbled to my feet. She looked like the little girls mother. She must have been waiting for her at the end of the street and saw me pull the little girl inside. In a panic the woman grabbed a large knife I had left laying on the counter next to her. She came charging at me and I reeled back as she pierced my chest with the knife.

I looked down at the blade now sticking out of me. It was strange, it didn't hurt at all. I didn't care though, because the hunger was coming back again and this time I knew what I wanted to eat.

• 21 Replies
Showing 31-30 of 21