ForumsGamesHearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

20 9242
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

Hearthstone is a new (and as of creating this thread in beta) card collecting game by Blizzard. Set in the World of Warcraft universe, you collect cards and battle others as a one of nine hero classes. Choose between warlock, warrior, hunter, rogue, priest, druid, paladin, shaman and wizard. Each one has special cards available to just that class along with access to neutral cards that can be used by each class.

It's free to play with an option to buy packs of cards for real money. If you decide to play without paying in money (like myself), don't worry about being left in the dust. Playing and winning matches nets you gold to buy packs. Also, there are daily quests that you can complete to net even more gold. Besides! It's not just about the cards you have! If you build a solid deck and use strategy you'll be a challenge to all you battle.

I recently just got into Beta and, I'll tell you what, I'm having a blast. I'm not big into the lore or universe of Warcraft yet that doesn't deter me in the least. Each match only lasts about five to ten minutes, although this can vary depending on who you are playing and how your play. As such, it's great to either squeeze in a couple of games when you have time or spend hours playing loads of matches.
The learning curve isn't too steep. After the in-game tutorial and practice matches I had a fairly solid grasp of the game mechanics. Regardless of your skill level, you are always going to be placed against someone of your own skill level. It's rare to play against someone way above or below you. This leads to each match being a battle to the end without a clear winner in sight until the finishing blow lands.

So has anyone been following this game or gotten into beta? If so, what are your thoughts about Hearthstone? Even if you haven't heard about the games before, check the link I've provided to read up on it then post your opinion! I'm looking forward to seeing what people have to say.

P.S:
If you already are in beta, my name in-game is Devoidless. Big surprise, huh?

• 20 Replies
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I would sign up, but I highly doubt they would let me in, considering how ****ty this computer is.

I think I will just wait until it is released.

~~~Darth Caedus

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

Well, it never hurts to sign-up for beta. The game really isn't that graphically intense, though there are settings to change the quality. Granted, the only options are 'High', 'Medium' and 'Low'. It's still in beta so that might change for the full release.

I've played a few free-to-play CCGs over the years. Hearthstone is the first that I've really been interested in. I think it helps that the different classes really change how you play the game. In others, the different types of cards didn't have a real impact on anything.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

I would sign up, but I highly doubt they would let me in, considering how ****ty this computer is.

It's not a graphically intensive game I think they just pick them at random more then anything it's kind of annoying atm because the beta is only in America without you get a key off somewhere or get given one for being 'special' in some way like youtubers. I still signed up but doubt I'll get picked just hope they bring it out soon though.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

It's not a graphically intensive game I think they just pick them at random more then anything it's kind of annoying atm because the beta is only in America without you get a key off somewhere or get given one for being 'special' in some way like youtubers. I still signed up but doubt I'll get picked just hope they bring it out soon though.

Hmm, I'll check the minimum requirements and if there is enough room (SC alone takes up 1/4 of the hard drive) I might sign up then.

~~~Darth Caedus
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

question: Where do you get your beta key, in your account on B.Net or in your email?

~~~Darth Caedus

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

question: Where do you get your beta key, in your account on B.Net or in your email?

They send an email to the account you registered your B-Net account with.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

They send an email to the account you registered your B-Net account with

kk

(*starts checking email neurotically*)

~~~Darth Caedus
Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

i might wait till release and see full on youtube videos of the gameplay before i ever play, i personally wasnt all into world of warcraft due to me being poor and it was liek 15 bucks a month

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

i personally wasnt all into world of warcraft

Neither am I. It's not required to know anything about the WoW universe or lore. All it brings to the table is something to base the cards off of. Think of it like this:
If you've ever played Pokemon, you did not need to know any lore or background to play or enjoy the game. Each card has an artsy picture on it, stats and information about special abilities and effects.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

i might wait till release and see full on youtube videos of the gameplay before i ever play, i personally wasnt all into world of warcraft due to me being poor and it was liek 15 bucks a month

Hearthstone is free.

~~~Darth Caedus
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

So.

NUCLEAR NECROBUMP and all, but I wanted to revive the Hearthstone discussion.

Its been released for a while now, and just got released onto the Ipad on all regions, so I was wondering, are there any more players out there in the realm of AG? Do you risk coming out of hiding to investigate the mysterious trolls and giants? Or do you hide in your caves and never see the light of this pick-up-and-go game?

p.s. Want my Battle.tag so we can play together? Just send me a pm.

~~~Darth Caedus

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

RayFerret#1101 is my ID if anybody wishes to play.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

RayFerret#1101 is my ID if anybody wishes to play.

Request sent.

And could you fix the title, since HS is no longer in beta.

~~~Darth Caedus
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Fixed. Cool armatar.

PauseBreak
PauseBreak
317 posts
Templar

I was in the Closed Beta. Was not a fan. I'm just not a fan of the Warcraft universe. Can't say I'm a huge fan of card games. I know Artosis is big into the game; he finally won his championship. Too bad it wasn't in his first love, but a win is a win.

I've been "with" Blizzard for so long I get all their beta keys regardless if I want to or not. lol. Yeah, I'm old
Closed beta's are a little more special but I would say are more rough since there is a lot of change. I haven't played it since then and probably won't. I either just didn't understand it or really get how card games work. Didn't put the time in to learn either :P I have other games to tend to. hah.

Best of luck to everyone. Hope your games go well.

Showing 1-15 of 20