ForumsForum GamesSalt (Arena Survival RPG)

12 3255
CrypticCJ
CrypticCJ
8 posts
Nomad

Each of you have been chosen to participate in the 3020 11th annual "Salt Survival" match. The planet earth is overpopulated and a cesspool of diseases, criminals, and war. The Salt Survival matches are only one way to escape earth and find a new life on "New Moon", where the air is clean, everything is peaceful, where there is tons of food, and where there are machines to heal any medical problem. What are the Salt Survival matches? It is mainly referred to as the Salt Games. You and 30 other contestants must survive on an Artificial Planet filled with different biomes, from a mossy jungle to an Urban city to a vast ocean starting you off on a cruise ship. BUT WAIT! That's not all. We find 100-200 random other people from earth and give them salt. A drug that was originated from Bath Salts, then made stronger. All 30 contestants are expected to try to survive the savage drugged humans, AND each other.... ENJOY!

RULES:
1. Number one rule is not to make yourself to overpowered on the character sheet
2. Not much of a rule but to answer anything you might be wondering... you guys can meet up with each other within the arena. From the start there may not be many people to meet but I will also be creating characters. If 30 characters are taken, I might give someone else a character I made.
3. Lastly, Have fun, be realistic, and don't troll.

Character Sheet:
Here's a demonstration of a decent character sheet. You don't have to make yours super try hard but also don't just write random stuff. You guys will copy and paste this into every entry you give, so I can make situations realistic. When making your character sheet, take out the comments in the parentheses.

Name: Mark James
Nickname (If any): Cryptid
Into: Woman (Woman/Men)
Age (13-28): 15
Background: (Include why your character is seeking life on New Moon): His father died of lung cancer when he was 3 because of the pollution on earth. He lives with his little brother and sister and his mom. His mom is extremely sick, and so he is seeking life on New Moon to get medical attention.
2 Best Qualities: He's sneaky and can usually get by anyone without them noticing (Not overpowered because if, another person has "Aware" as a best quality he can be beat) he is also experienced in guns. (Notice I didn't say he hits 90% of his shots. This is unfair. If you want to give a percentage, it shouldn't go over 50%)
2 Worst Qualities: Isn't much of a hand to hand fighter. And gets scared easily and will freeze up if he does get too scared. (Make sure your worst qualities will effect your character in some way. Not just, Bad at drawing, or something.)
Inventory: (Take 2 of the following. Bandages/Cheap Knife/Box of .17 Pistol Ammo/Hat/Flint/Can of Beans/8 oz water bottle) Flint and 8 oz water bottle.
(You are given 6 points to use here. If your character already is very strong or fast or smart and is one of the top 2 qualities. Give yourself an extra 2 points in that section. If one of the sections is in your 2 worst qualites, no points are allowed. Each section is out of 9. You can earn points overtime.)
Strength: 0
Speed: 1
Brains: 2
Bravery: 0
Sneak: 3
Aim: 4

And there you go. Remember, when you copy and paste the character sheet, remove all of my comments that are in the parentheses. Enjoy the RPG, hope I will too.

• 12 Replies
CrypticCJ
CrypticCJ
8 posts
Nomad

Feel free to try this out guys.

CrypticCJ
CrypticCJ
8 posts
Nomad

Aww no one?

jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

Name: David Jones
Nickname: Ninja
Into: Women
Age (13-28): 13
Background: He is a pickpocket who got arrested, and applied for the games as a way to leave jail.
2 Best Qualities: He's sneaky and can move across surfaces that don't make a lot of noise with shoes that don't make a lot of noise completely silently. Can also get really close to people without them noticing, if they aren't expecting him.
2 Worst Qualities: He has is very weak physically, and is an idiot.
Inventory: Flint, cheap knife.
(You are given 6 points to use here. If your character already is very strong or fast or smart and is one of the top 2 qualities. Give yourself an extra 2 points in that section. If one of the sections is in your 2 worst qualites, no points are allowed. Each section is out of 9. You can earn points overtime.)
Speed: 0
Brains: 0
Bravery: 1
Sneak: 9(Because both of my strengths are for it.)
Aim: 0

Don't post more then twice in a row. If you have to in order to bump, then it means this is dead. If you don't, you look very desperate.

CrypticCJ
CrypticCJ
8 posts
Nomad

Ok, sorry.

Background: He is a pickpocket who got arrested, and applied for the games as a way to leave jail.
2 Best Qualities: He's sneaky and can move across surfaces that don't make a lot of noise with shoes that don't make a lot of noise completely silently. Can also get really close to people without them noticing, if they aren't expecting him.

You are dropped in the middle of an urban town were 29 other contestants are dropped. Next to you is a school and a convenience store.

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

Don't post more then twice in a row. If you have to in order to bump, then it means this is dead. If you don't, you look very desperate.

Give him some leniency. Don't act like you've never bumped before ^^
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Give him some leniency. Don't act like you've never bumped before ^^

This. This multiplied by a thousand.

Of every RPG I've ever started, except my latest one, I've had to bump at least 5-6 times. Of course, the Forum was much more active back then, but still.
jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

Ok. Sorry.

I go into the convience store, very sneakily, and look around.
CrypticCJ
CrypticCJ
8 posts
Nomad

Thanks and its fine jeray.

The store is pretty small. The shelves are stocked with outdated food, though you may be able to grab some non perishable foods. Just then you here a creak from a door behind the counter. In the back.

jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

Sneak: 9
Aim:0

I sneak around so I have a view of why the door is creaking.

CrypticCJ
CrypticCJ
8 posts
Nomad

A kid stands there. He looks about the same age as you, and is with a girl that looks about 15.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Name: Michael S.
Nickname: Mike
Into: Woman
Age (13-28): 19
Background: At the age of 14, Mike dropped out of school for his differences, such as being completely albino. At 15, his father died and his mother fell to ill to work, so he joined a small band of criminals and started to steal stuff. He was naturally muscle, so his main job was to guard the doors of one of thier safehouses. at 19, he quit because his mother died, and decided to join the salt games so he could go to the new moon to start a new family.
2 Best Qualities: Growing up as a bouncer/guard, and with it in his genes, he is very strong. From 4 years of being a criminal, he learned how to shoot a gun decently.
2 Worst Qualities: Extremely clumsy and large, hard to be sneaky... C0mpletly albino (White skin, like REALLY white and pink eyes, also, would this count as a bad quality? it makes him different and less trustworthy? I dunno...)
Inventory:Cheap Knife, Bandages
Strength: 5
Brains: 1
Bravery: 3
Sneak: 0
Aim: 4

This will work?

jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

I carefully examine the people to see if they look possesed by salt, all the while making sure they do not notice me.

Showing 1-12 of 12