37 39223
Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

i know horror isnt the most popular genre in gaming but its one of my favorites

list some of your favorite scary games

for me i was only scared by silent hill on ps1 and outlast

but i did get chills during silent shattered memories on wii during the chase scenes with the monsters

• 37 Replies
FreckledTerror
FreckledTerror
57 posts
Peasant

Last night, i was playing Call Of Duty: Black Ops Zombies on the map "Five" and the Pentagon Thief stole my only gun, so it was pretty terrifying playing a round without a weapon except for my knife.

Does that count?

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

a simple gun is only 500 points

ChromeDeathRazor
ChromeDeathRazor
437 posts
Farmer

Hhhm... Tough Choice Between Amnesia TDD and SCP containment breach.

Both are real creepy but the stone statue never fails to rustle my jimmies and SCP containment breach have nice updates over time. (And its free!)

So, I'd go for SCP containment breach and will be always waiting for new monsters and stuff...

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

SCP never really scared me but more on the lines of making me mad each time i got caught, i also had scary moments with that game you turned on generators and had some ghost girl chasing you

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

im a coward so i havnt played many horror games.

all the ones i played were really mellow and gentle but i did enjoy them all alot.

rule of rose (only play this for the story. the rest is awful but its still a great game in my opinion. also, you have a dog :3)

haunted ground (its like a hide and seek game where you have to solve puzzles while avoiding the stalker. also, you have a dog :3)

clock tower 3 (hide and seek again. also puzzle solving. you dont have a dog )

im pretty sure those were the only console horror games ive played.

as for small games you can download for free and use rpg maker i really recommend:

ib
witchs house
the crooked man
mad father

the console games (all ps2) dont really have any jump scares. rule of rose is by far the most gentle when it comes to scares but is also by far the most brutal when it comes to the dark creepy atmosphere.

the downloadable games all have jump scares but they pretty much have to in order to be horror games.

i personally think there are 2 kinds of horror video games. ones with the hero like main character that fights off the monsters and one with the defenseless character that just tries to survive or get away from something. i much more prefer the second style because the fear feels more realistic.

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

b
witchs house
the crooked man
mad father

i played them all when i used to watch pewdiepie and they was fun

clock tower 3
i only played either 1 or 2 i cant remember but as a kid it got me scared
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

i only played either 1 or 2 i cant remember but as a kid it got me scared

both of them are extremely different from 3. thats why i only played 3. 1 and 2 are point and click adventure while 3 is a hide and seek survival one.
ChromeDeathRazor
ChromeDeathRazor
437 posts
Farmer

SCP never really scared me but more on the lines of making me mad each time i got caught

Yeah, kinda agree on that; After awhile of getting used to, the monsters ain't very scary. But still, I find the Statue's sudden appearance always frightening.

Also, I wanna talk a bit about dead space... The first one was the most scary but after EA decided to milk the **** out of it, it had lost its scariness...
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Though it's not specifically of the horror genre, Metroid is an awesome series with some pretty grotesque things involved. You're isolated and you have to kill horrendous things.

Call Of Duty: Black Ops Zombies

Lol. Not horror in the slightest.
metalplastic
metalplastic
191 posts
Nomad

Silent Hill Origins
Silent Hill
Silent Hill 2
The Witch's House
Slender: The Arrival

I am looking forward to Dread Out.

FreckledTerror
FreckledTerror
57 posts
Peasant

A simple gun is only 500 points

I was on the 3rd floor and I had to reach the 2nd floor before I died. I had no points.
metalplastic
metalplastic
191 posts
Nomad

I love Resident Evil & Forbidden Siren series

I forgot that the first RE games were under horror.

Obviously I'm too afraid that I didn't venture beyond Silent Hill...though I did play F.E.A.R., just the first one. I learned from several posts/reviews/comments that the sequels weren't good so I didn't bother with those.

I tried to play it at night...alone...but not in the dark 'cause I won't be able to see the controls very well, but yeah...at night and alone...I will never do that again.

Anyways, I'm curious about the Forbidden Siren you mentioned. I think I'll look it up.
Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

who is looking foward to uhm dying light?

bingu77788
bingu77788
464 posts
Peasant

Test test test test test...

who is looking forward to uhm dying light?

Me! I am. Do they come to the Xbox 360 or PS3 or next-gen consoles?

As for me, I love Outlast for PC and Resident Evil 6.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

im plyaing the first silent hill right now. i really like it. the begining is awfully creepy (for me) but after you get used to the gameplay its not too bad.

thats my case at least. usually i am such a coward that i play a horror game for 2 secs, then press the start button and try to get some moral support XD

but after i get used to the game its a little better

Showing 1-15 of 37