Forums

ForumsQuests

Road of the Dead 2 Quests

Posted Nov 4, '13 at 3:53pm

Olinser

Olinser

546 posts

Well finished them all. I was right, a 20k Mutant Meltdown run took nearly an hour to finish. That's a long time to run into a near unwinnable situation (I came close when I got driver grappled just as a jet was coming overhead, if I hadn't JUST visited a garage I would have been dead).

The Rescue Op was stupidly luck-based, but at least it was short (and a great way to grind RP, even a failed run should get you 500-1k in just a few minutes). I ran into a COUPLE of situations that were just plain unwinnable. One a zombie apparently started just off my vision right on top of me, because I died before the screen even finished fading in. The other time 3 high-level zombies started about 5 meters away from a civilian hideout that only had 3 in it, I simply could not do enough damage to kill more than 1 before the other 2 killed the civilians. There are also some borderline unwinnable spawns, like when a fire truck is practically right in front of you when a mutant is around.

All in all, a boring grind. I never felt like any of these achievements were legitimately TOUGH, if you're good enough to go to about 10k on Mutant Meltdown, you're good enough to go to 20k. Yet I failed once at 9k and once at 14k before winning the very next time - and I pretty much could have gone on as long as I wanted, but what would be the point?

Posted Nov 5, '13 at 11:23am

Tristurbed

Tristurbed

26 posts

Difficult quests :\\ but I'll get them done!

Very much agreed with Olinser on page 1.

Also this "Hydroficially Evolved (Destroy a fire hydrant and use its water to extinguish your engine fire.)
Every time my car is on fire and I hit a fire hydrant nothing happens. Hit the hydrants at low and high speeds nothing happens. I put out the fire once with an already burst fire hydrant but apparently that doesn't count."

Same problem here :S I'll just max all of my perks and stuff before I focus on quests.. hopefully unlock a couple by then.

Posted Nov 5, '13 at 11:44am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

11,943 posts

I have to be honest, the extensive grinding in this game simply takes out the fun of achieving the Quests... the lagging becomes extremely heavy when you reach Chinatown and unless you are lucky to steer clear of obstacles on the highway, you are slowed down significantly because of the lagging. =/

The graphics, story and gameplay are all great fun, but the levelling up and with that, the Quest unlocking, might have been better alligned throughout the game in my opinion. Shame...

But I won't sleep untill I got them all! Even if it means taking a long time to achieve them... =)

Posted Nov 5, '13 at 6:44pm

minecraftsniper

minecraftsniper

613 posts

anyone who didnt get this quest i can help: mutant sandwich can be won by fightting 2 mutants on mutant meltdown and they have to grab both players and then kill the mutants off and youll get the quest hope this helps

Posted Nov 5, '13 at 10:22pm

bakkart

bakkart

448 posts

I wish I could figure out how to pay someone $5 just to play this annoying game and get the quests for me.

Posted Nov 6, '13 at 9:18am

Reton8

Reton8

2,963 posts

Also this "Hydroficially Evolved (Destroy a fire hydrant and use its water to extinguish your engine fire.) Every time my car is on fire and I hit a fire hydrant nothing happens. Hit the hydrants at low and high speeds nothing happens. I put out the fire once with an already burst fire hydrant but apparently that doesn't count."

I had the same problem at first too. You have to shoot the hydrant with your gun and then drive over the water stream, while on fire, to unlock the quest
Hydroficially Evolved (Destroy a fire hydrant and use its water to extinguish your engine fire.) and extinguish the flames.

This is the only way that the fire hydrant will extinguish your flame. The in-game survival guide explains that the water jet that shoots out of the hydrants is delayed, so running over them will not put out fires.)

Posted Nov 6, '13 at 3:34pm

sickdeathfiend

sickdeathfiend

4 posts

youch so much hate, guess we won't bother with road 3. Great list of tips reton8 and PHLHimself!

Posted Nov 6, '13 at 8:09pm

bakkart

bakkart

448 posts

Sick -- My apologies if my own comments have seemed harsh or hateful. I hope you see these comments (no matter the tone) as ways to improve on your obvious programming skills. My two cents' worth is that the core is actually pretty good, but there's too much of a good thing. Regardless of the quests, even the completion of the story ends up being miles and miles of the same creatures, landscape, and general tasks. Also, the difficulty comes not so much in playing the game but in dealing with too many variables -- I think others have mentioned how often it ends up being a matter of luck to get to a quest or the end of a stage. The grinding aspect and the high luck factor end up being an unfortunate combination. (Another complaint seems to be lagging, which I'm just starting to encounter at the 79% mark; that also makes the experience a little negative.)

Posted Nov 7, '13 at 5:39am

kegaumongo

kegaumongo

2,096 posts

I had the same problem at first too. You have to shoot the hydrant with your gun and then drive over the water stream, while on fire, to unlock the quest Hydroficially Evolved (Destroy a fire hydrant and use its water to extinguish your engine fire.) and extinguish the flames.

Thank you for the tip. I would never have guessed that's the way to unlock the quest... Oh, well (-.-)

Posted Nov 7, '13 at 11:35am

Reton8

Reton8

2,963 posts

youch so much hate, guess we won't bother with road 3. Great list of tips reton8 and PHLHimself!

Why give up on the game and the sequel? I feel like an additional patch could easily fix most the problems people are having with this game and now you know what to avoid, if you choose to make the third game in the series.

People are saying story mode is too long and game is repetitive, add a few more check-points or give the car and driver more health and problem solved or make sure garages appear more often, and problem solved. Players won't have to replay certain sections as much and it will make the game less repetitive and shorter.

People are saying upgrades cost too much. Just make the upgrades a bit cheap or offer more RP for killing zombies and driving x amount of distance.

People are saying too much luck is involved in the mutant meltdown mod, just make it so that a garage appears every 5 km, 7 km, 10 km, something to that effect, or increase car and driver health, problem solved.

Just those few fixes would probably stop most the complaints. Also, the game still has a high rating, 8/10. The people do like this game.

Reply to Road of the Dead 2 Quests

You must be logged in to post a reply!