ForumsThe TavernBuying AG

6 13022
Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

AG is not being bought, as far as I am aware. I hope it will remain so for as long as possible. But what if it was? What site would you want have bought it?
For me, I'd want Kongregate to buy it. Yes, they are a juggernaut. They're not exactly known for quality control. But at the same time, why'd they want to make AG the same?
Think. Kong's target audience is massive. AG's is pretty big, but also it's more focused on high-quality games. Kongregate doesn't want competition, it wants to corner another audience. I reckon they'd keep it pretty much the same. But what about you?

• 6 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I think moot could do wonders to this site.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Moot? Is that even a site?

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

For me, I'd want Kongregate to buy it.

So what you really mean is that you want GameStop to buy the website. Yeah, sure. GameStop has never been involved in any shady business practices ever.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Kongregate won't buy ArmorGames, but Gamestop would, considering Kongregate is already bought by it

But as for Gamestop buying ArmorGames, it would be a terrible move, considering they already have a flash game site in their belt.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Moot? Is that even a site?

moot*

And apparently, you haven't explored the depths of the Internet yet if you've never heard of the legendary man named moot. He started a site full of /b/ros when he was 15 after all! =o

All hail King moot.

On a serious note, Kongregate, or Gamestop, rather, would be a poor choice. I doubt they would even be interested in this site, considering their main profit comes from console games. They're not here to please us forumers, they're here to make some money.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

GameStop has never been involved in any shady business practices ever.

Pray tell.

He started a site full of /b/ros when he was 15 after all! =o

Plus, it was only supposed to be an anime discussion/imageboard site. The mighty moot didn't even realize his power.
Showing 1-6 of 6