ForumsArt, Music, and WritingPhotography

39 10983
MafiaSlayer
MafiaSlayer
159 posts
Nomad

Okay well there are two reasons for this topic.

Reason 1.) Is photography art?-My answer, yes.

Reason 2.) Share your photography!

I will be putting some of mine up soon!
Please no spamming, but feel free to discuss each others photos

• 39 Replies
Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

wow, seems like you came from a talented family.

MafiaSlayer
MafiaSlayer
159 posts
Nomad

Yeah I'm really glad for it, too. Well, writing I did myself, I'm really the only one that writes. But yeah all my family is freakin' awesome lol

GregWeeler
GregWeeler
259 posts
Nomad

This is a picture I took with my Camera Phone.

Stayed up all night, and early in the morning went out, and I had to take this picture.

http://i32.tinypic.com/llj6a.jpg

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Not bad for a camera phone!

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

wow, the clouds almost look engraved or embossed lol. I'm amazed a phone can do that.

GregWeeler
GregWeeler
259 posts
Nomad

Haha, Verizon Wireless Baby!

2.0 Mega Pixels, it came out better than I though. If you look at the favorite pet thread in the tavern, i posted pics of my dogs and they came out blurry.

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

^2.0 isn't bad. It seems that's the max they can cram into a phone at the moment :P I would still rather use my reg camera that gets 14.2 mega pixels.

PS: AT&T FTW!!

StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

I think that Art is making things by yourself. With paints and other things. In my opinion, pictures are NOT art.

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

^then i highly doubt you even know what art is.

StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

Well im sorry that I posted my opinion.

That is what this is for, he asked what you think art is. And I posted my opinion, so why would you just say that?

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

because photography has everything t do with art. And to say it isn't well, it would take someone who either didn't care about art, or knew little about it.

StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

Well im not going to argue with an egotistical jerk like you. If I don't think that photograhpy is art then your not going to change my thinking.

MafiaSlayer
MafiaSlayer
159 posts
Nomad

Greg, really nice pic! Also, StarScreamer, it takes as much talent to wave a brush around an easel as it does to snap pictures of things you like

d0m1nated14
d0m1nated14
718 posts
Farmer

To be honest, i dont think it is art either. Taking a picture of something is something anyone can do.

StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

See im not the only one. So don't be yelling at me for not thinking that taking a picture isn't art.

Showing 16-30 of 39