Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

The Power of Dubs

Posted Nov 6, '13 at 4:06pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,700 posts

That's still a lot of counting. And then only I would know when the euphoric dubs have been reached

Posted Nov 7, '13 at 10:55pm

stinkyjim

stinkyjim

467 posts

I think it would lead to spam, if people were to roll for dubs and trips. These aren't really the type of forums for that, to be honest. It doesn't really serve a purpose, except for bragging rights in the end, and there's no real reason to have the posts numbered.

Posted Nov 7, '13 at 11:15pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,700 posts

It seems stinkyjim does not understand the euphoric glory of getting dubs. His post shall henceforth be dismissed.

Posted Nov 8, '13 at 6:20am

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,258 posts

Knight

How is that a lot of counting? (#pages)*10 +(#posts on current page). Easy as pi(e). Or did I miss something?

Anyway, I don't even know what a dub is. Can you enlighten me on that items true nature and the reason for its orgasmic effect on you?

Posted Nov 8, '13 at 6:50am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,700 posts

Anyway, I don't even know what a dub is. Can you enlighten me on that items true nature and the reason for its orgasmic effect on you?

Its orgasmic effect on us all..I think you meant.

Posted Nov 8, '13 at 6:52am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,700 posts

Apparently a link from 4chan's FAQ's is not allowed.

Anywho..dubs are when a post's number ends in repeating digits. It's a wonder of maths, and is something to be joyous whenever one "check's em" or states a rule for if they get the dubs. Even better are the trips, which are three repeating digits at the end, and so on.

It truly is a work of the gods.

Posted Nov 8, '13 at 8:42am

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,258 posts

Knight

Ah. Dubs and trips from doubles and triples. I get it.
.. so what do you call the sixth trip of a thread? A beast? \\m/

But now I also understand stinkyjims stand better, though I don't totally agree. Spam would only increase slightly. However, putting even more information on the profile/post box on the left might tamper its sober, clean interface, not to speak of the confusion the number of post in the thread would cause when placed directly next to the individual post count.

Reply to The Power of Dubs

You must be logged in to post a reply!