ForumsThe TavernThe Power of Dubs

16 4611
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

So while skipping along the forum confines and gawking at all the wonderful threads and posts, it struck me that something was off. Well..more of..something was missing, to be exact.

See, there is a key component not present within the site that, if added, would take it to a whole new level of euphoria.

That component, is post numbering.
Boom
That's right baby. Post numbering. Numbering our posts, one post at a post.

But, however, though, it isn't the post numbering that will accomplish the heightened levels of euphoria only equal to wearing a fedora, the post numbering is merely a means. See, with post numbering, the users of AG will be granted a wonderful gift.
The gift of dubs.

That's right. With post numbering, we'd be able to check our dubs regularly in order to gaze upon the wonder of mathematical probability and chance, we'd be able to praise the wonder of pure statistical luck and fall in orgasmic wonder while witnessing a successful GET.

So, AG, I implore you..allow post numbering, allow dubs, allow the euphoria.

CHECK 'EM

• 16 Replies
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,524 posts
Farmer

This seems like a suggestion to me pang.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I will never understand you. You're one crazy woman.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

You're a suggestion.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

@Nurv: wow, so this year.

#totallywontmakesenseifyoumakeanotherpost

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I get it now.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Oh, that's easy. See, for each page, there are ten posts. So count those fingers if you really want to know!

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

So what you are telling me is...I need to go back to day one of the forums and count ALL of the posts?

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

So count those fingers if you really want to know!

But I don't have 11 fingers. =(
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

That's still a lot of counting. And then only I would know when the euphoric dubs have been reached

stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

I think it would lead to spam, if people were to roll for dubs and trips. These aren't really the type of forums for that, to be honest. It doesn't really serve a purpose, except for bragging rights in the end, and there's no real reason to have the posts numbered.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

It seems stinkyjim does not understand the euphoric glory of getting dubs. His post shall henceforth be dismissed.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

How is that a lot of counting? (#pages)*10 +(#posts on current page). Easy as pi(e). Or did I miss something?

Anyway, I don't even know what a dub is. Can you enlighten me on that items true nature and the reason for its orgasmic effect on you?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Anyway, I don't even know what a dub is. Can you enlighten me on that items true nature and the reason for its orgasmic effect on you?

Its orgasmic effect on us all..I think you meant.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Apparently a link from 4chan's FAQ's is not allowed.

Anywho..dubs are when a post's number ends in repeating digits. It's a wonder of maths, and is something to be joyous whenever one "check's em" or states a rule for if they get the dubs. Even better are the trips, which are three repeating digits at the end, and so on.

It truly is a work of the gods.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Ah. Dubs and trips from doubles and triples. I get it.
.. so what do you call the sixth trip of a thread? A beast? \\m/

But now I also understand stinkyjims stand better, though I don't totally agree. Spam would only increase slightly. However, putting even more information on the profile/post box on the left might tamper its sober, clean interface, not to speak of the confusion the number of post in the thread would cause when placed directly next to the individual post count.

Showing 1-14 of 16