ForumsThe TavernBattle of the Foods (Current battle: pg. 34)

327 147638
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Everything else is battling, why should food be left out?

This should be pretty straightforward. Two foods will battle against each other, and the one with the most votes will win the round. Obviously you get one vote per round.

ROUND 1: Hamburgers vs. Hotdogs

http://thecarnivoreproject.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8345295c269e20115701a9477970b-800wi

http://cdn.frugalcouponliving.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/regal-hot-dog.jpg

Let the battle begin!

• 327 Replies
gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

I love hotdogs, but they're not something I would be inclined to order in a restaurant. Hamburgers are a much more reliable choice when dining anywhere that isn't a ballpark or a movie theater.

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

I LOVE HOTDOGS! Maybe since I was 3. But I gained rank over the years...
My vote is..

HOTDOGS! No. it is..
Hamburgers, Of course.

Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

A hotdog is nice, simple and works well for camping. But that's about it. Hamburgers have hundreds of variants and limitless flavors. I vote for Hamburgers.

--------

I vote hot dogs, because of these.

The hell is that?

It's supposed to go
Top bun (with mayo on bottom side)
Onions
Tomatoes
Lettuce
Cheese
Ketchup
Meat
Bottom bun

You never EVER but the meat alone on the bottom bun. Put some pickles/mustard/hot sauce there.

It's supposed to go
Top bun (with mayo on bottom side)
Onions
Tomatoes
Lettuce
Cheese
Ketchup
Meat

Bottom bun

Kill me now. Please. If you don't put the cheese directly on the meat, it's not even worth eating. On top of that, the cheese on the ketchup will make everything slide around way too much. All condiments on the bottom bun. If you need to add more part way trough eating, put them on the top bun.

You want the correct way to stack a burger? Here it is:

Top bun
Lettuce - iceberg is nice, but Romaine will suffice. (see what I did there?) I prefer them shredded.
Tomato - one big, thick slice
Bacon (optional) - if you happen to have some bacon handy, put it here
Cheese - almost as important as the meat. You'll need to use medium aged cheddar, no if's, and's, or but's. Place these on a freshly grilled patty, covering the entire thing with a little hanging over. Don't put it on while it's barbecuing, just don't.
Meat - 100% Alberta Beef is nice with some BBQ sauce spread on while it's grilling. Bison also works well. Cook them well done.
Pickles - these fit nicely under the bun. Use bread & butter type pickles for maximum flavour.
Condiments - these always go on the bottom bun. They soak in so your burger won't be sliding all over the place. I use mustard and hot sauce here.
Bottom bun

You can never taste onions. They just add crunch which you're already getting from the lettuce. Don't bother putting them on. Mayo is the same: useless.

As an alternative, get some buns, put a 3/4 pound beef patty on it, and add poutine.
stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

Hamburgers have always been my favorite food, beside tacos. I never really enjoyed hotdogs (especially after learning what they're made out of). So I for the hamburger master race.

stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

Geez when can we get edit buttons? By the way sorry for the double post.

I meant to say "I vote for the hamburger master race"

Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

Hamburger, definitely. Hotdogs just aren't as filling and don't taste, or sound, as good when you are aware of what they are made of......

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Bun down, shoe, mustard, pan, bun. That's the right way to do it.

Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

I vote burger. You can't exactly order a hotdog medium well with a fried egg and onion straws.

Says who?

http://rollingout.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/eggs_bacon_dog-450x269.jpg

Hot dogs, because of their shape.
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

The hell is that?

You've never seen a corndog before?!

Take this man to a county fair at once!

You can never taste onions. They just add crunch which you're already getting from the lettuce.

Maybe you're just using the wrong onions... red onions are an important source of flavor... I find burgers much less enjoyable without them!

Now, if you want to eliminate something, you might as well get rid of the lettuce... talk about a space filler! Sure, it does add some crunch, but you're already getting that from the onions, and the onions you can actually taste! Lettuce on a burger is like chewing crisp, plain water.

Bun down, shoe, mustard, pan, bun. That's the right way to do it.

Lol... are you TRYING to make the sandwich taste like a fried boot? =P
Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

i love Hamburgers / cheeseburgers

i can eat them in every way but with hotdogs i only find them good when grilled..

so i chose the burger

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Uh, the cheese goes below the meat. Not on top.

What. What crazy backwards world do you live in. You want the cheese to melt onto the patty, not on the bread.

@Clancy - I stand corrected..yours sounds far more appetizing. My makeup is the more conventional from how I've seen with many restaurants. The condiments being put near the top because they usually have it in mind after creating the burger, and it is far easier to just remove the top than flip it over and work it from there.

Cheese - the cheese must ALWAYS go on the bottom. ALWAYS. Any different is blasphemy.

And when that cheese melts and wraps around the bottom bun..my fingers are gonna be in for a treat!
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Much better than the cheese on TOP of the patty...

Why stop there?

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHxDLf2Q59J6vmAm-gSMF4QDJ_pTMpNzmY1-tAuNvMBjZCgKglAg
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Well, that was a blowout. But that was to be expected. I'll do another battle later that will really mess with your guys' heads.

Hamburger - 13
Hotdog - 4

For now, we'll keep it simple.

Apple vs. Orange

http://imageconsultantorangecounty.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/apple_orange_conflict.jpg

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,524 posts
Farmer

I vote apples. Oranges are unpleasant to eat, in my opinion.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Apples. They are great for waking up in the morning, have that poisonous factor, and are far less messy.

Showing 16-30 of 327