ForumsThe TavernBattle of the Foods (Current battle: pg. 34)

327 147651
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Everything else is battling, why should food be left out?

This should be pretty straightforward. Two foods will battle against each other, and the one with the most votes will win the round. Obviously you get one vote per round.

ROUND 1: Hamburgers vs. Hotdogs

http://thecarnivoreproject.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8345295c269e20115701a9477970b-800wi

http://cdn.frugalcouponliving.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/regal-hot-dog.jpg

Let the battle begin!

• 327 Replies
Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

Bold fail.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Cake but we all know that the cake is a lie. However, I'm still voting for it.

I don't think I have had any pies apart from the meat pies.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

Everynow and then I'll go for a cake haven't had a pie in ages so my vote is to cake

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I've never cared much for cake. Most of the time, it ends up being very disappointing. It always looks so good, but the flavor is always lacking in comparison to the general appearance. This is why I never actually ate any of the cake even at my own birthday parties as a kid.

"Happy birthday, here's disappointment!"

White cake was the worst. That stuff doesn't taste like anything. It's like eating sweet tofu, but with 60-70% more air, and 100% more likely to give you an undeserved stomach ache. As I recall, yellow cake tasted exactly the same, looked almost identical, and had that same horrible frosting that was like eating death itself. That frosting made me sick as a kid, and still makes me sick to this day.

And even cakes that aren't venture capitalist birthday cakes are still disappointing. In my opinion, it always takes a miracle to make a cake taste better than it looks. I'm not sure if I've ever had a cake that I've wanted to have a second piece of.

Pie, on the other hand, is always full of flavor. Fruit pies especially. I'd take a cherry or a peach pie or a blueberry pie over a boring chocolate cake any day. And the filling is actual food and not just some sweet spongy amalgam that makes you question whether or not you want to throw up.

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,524 posts
Farmer

I vote for pie. I don't mind cake, but what can beat a pumpkin pie with whipped cream on Thanksgiving?

Nothing. The answer is nothing.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

but what can beat a pumpkin pie with whipped cream on Thanksgiving?

What does indeed! I haven't eaten a cake yet that surpassed the deliciousness of a pumpkin pie, Thanksgiving or not!

So with that, I'll vote for pie! Sorry, cake... =/
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I'm voting pie. But the only reason I am doing that is because pie can do so much more. Like have pepperoni on it... or meat.

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

Cake. Nuff said.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I'm not sure if I've ever had a cake that I've wanted to have a second piece of.

I'm not a big cake guy myself. The only cake I would say I enjoy more than most pies would be angel food cake. Now that is a cake that lives up to its name.
Q_File
Q_File
108 posts
Nomad

Pies can be sweet and savory. I prefer pie over cake because of their versatility.

metalplastic
metalplastic
191 posts
Nomad

I vote for pie...cake can be made of air. jk :P

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I vote for pie...cake can be made of air. jk :P

You guys apparently never tasted a real fancy (expensive) cake.
Sure if you try a grocery store cake it'll taste like crap but a cake made by a real baker is totally different.
It's like tasting grocery honey vs a bee keeper's honey or even better, eating wild blueberries strait from the bush vs plastic packed ones that traveled who knows how many days in the back of a truck.
metalplastic
metalplastic
191 posts
Nomad

I've tasted a fancy cake. I like it...but my vote still stands.

Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

Definitely pie. As a kid for birthdays my family didn't even really eat cake. We always drilled holes in a watermelon and stuck candles in it..... But I do like pie. That would have been a great option. Don't know why nobody ever did that in my family....

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

I really think they should start a different battle.

Showing 61-75 of 327