ForumsThe TavernBattle of the Foods (Current battle: pg. 34)

327 147635
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Everything else is battling, why should food be left out?

This should be pretty straightforward. Two foods will battle against each other, and the one with the most votes will win the round. Obviously you get one vote per round.

ROUND 1: Hamburgers vs. Hotdogs

http://thecarnivoreproject.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8345295c269e20115701a9477970b-800wi

http://cdn.frugalcouponliving.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/regal-hot-dog.jpg

Let the battle begin!

• 327 Replies
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,524 posts
Farmer

Hmm. That's a tough one. It really depends on what you're in the mood for.

I'll go hot dogs. Sure, you won't find any at a fancy restaurant, but what's better than a perfect ballpark frank on a summer's day? Nothing, that's what!

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

ballpark frank

Now, the thing is...That line never really set well with me. It seems slightly off-putting.

Hamburgers are open to loads of different variants. A hamburger lends itself to all sorts of different variants. You take the burger and make it into a wonder creation just for you.
What can you do with a hotdog? Slop on a couple toppings, deep fry it. That's about it.

Go burger or go home.
gman144
gman144
156 posts
Blacksmith

I gonna go with:http://thecarnivoreproject.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8345295c269e20115701a9477970b-800wi

Just because the other is just to everyday.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

I vote burger. You can't exactly order a hotdog medium well with a fried egg and onion straws.

since there is truly only one way you can eat it (technically two, but it's bi-symmetric)

Well, you could eat the middle first and then be left with two mini-dogs.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Burger. Because I actually know exactly what meat is in it.

gamerguy12345
gamerguy12345
2,851 posts
Bard

I'm definitely voting for burger. There are so many variants to a burger while a hot dog just doesn't have that many different types. All you can do is put on some condiments and that's a hot dog. While with a burger there are so many ways to prepare it and so many different condiments you can put on it.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Another battle! 3 cheers for Terry!

Burger. I just don't get the joy of eating food when I'm having hot dogs. Unless of course I eat the hot dogs after I have had several burgers.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

If the meat in the hamburger is real, and is that thick, I'd definitely go for the burger.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

On another note..that burger is improperly formed.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Says you.

Oh wait. It is.

Or is it?

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Come on you guys, no love for the dawg?

Not only are they compact and easier to eat, but they're also much harder to mess up! You don't have to worry about them being overcooked or anything... they're simple and not unpredictable!

Another battle! 3 cheers for Terry!

Hip, hip... HOORAY! Hip, hip... oh, you meant that Terry.

What can you do with a hotdog?

Challenge accepted!

What can't you do with a hot dog? =D
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

On another note..that burger is improperly formed.

If you mean the toppings, then not really. It's often done that way to prevent everything just sliding out from between the buns. If you stack lettuce and tomato and onion on top of the burger...then top all -that- with mayonnaise and ketchup and mustard, things are going to slide all over the place.
In a related point, that's why most fast-food chains use shredded lettuce. They can still just slap in on top without having to worry as much about the sliding.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

If you stack lettuce and tomato and onion on top of the burger...then top all -that- with mayonnaise and ketchup and mustard, things are going to slide all over the place.

It's supposed to go
Top bun (with mayo on bottom side)
Onions
Tomatoes
Lettuce
Cheese
Ketchup
Meat
Bottom bun

Or with cheese and ketchup switched
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Actually the version with ketchup on the cheese is more common..but cheese on ketchup it is a lot more clean.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

What can you do with a hotdog? Slop on a couple toppings, deep fry it. That's about it.

But isn't that exactly what you do with a burger?

I vote hot dogs, because of these.

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/1/13313/1253233-corndog.jpg

A hamburger just isn't the same on a stick.
Showing 1-15 of 327