ForumsThe TavernBattle of the Foods (Current battle: pg. 34)

327 147637
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Everything else is battling, why should food be left out?

This should be pretty straightforward. Two foods will battle against each other, and the one with the most votes will win the round. Obviously you get one vote per round.

ROUND 1: Hamburgers vs. Hotdogs

http://thecarnivoreproject.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8345295c269e20115701a9477970b-800wi

http://cdn.frugalcouponliving.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/regal-hot-dog.jpg

Let the battle begin!

• 327 Replies
UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Hard to decide, really hard...
i love both of them, both are delicious... but ill go for ramen, because she is totaly adaptable.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I grew up eating a whole lot of Top Ramen. It isn't anything like "normal" ramen, but it was a food staple in my life for at least half a decade and I've always loved it even if now I don't eat it at all more than once or twice a year.

I've seen some people eat Top Ramen without the liquid. Seriously? That's like eating a hamburger without the patty.

DrElmer
DrElmer
552 posts
Shepherd

I must go with chow mein. Chinese food has always been one of my favorites, and I always order chow mein in a Chinese restaurant. My kids love it too. The younger one laughs each time the older one slurps up a noodle. How can you vote against a child's laughter?

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Chow mein mmmmm that is good. Gotta get that when I always go to Chinese.

So chow mein is my vote.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Chow mein is okay... I don't usually eat it unless I get Panda Express but even then I don't usually eat it. Ramen on the other hand ^^ I'll make some when I have nothing to eat and it works anytime.

Ramen gets my vote.

CherryCoke360
CherryCoke360
407 posts
Nomad

Chow mein is so good with potstickers, which are one of my favorite foods. I cant say no to that. chow mein is my vote.

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

Ramen ~ 4
Chow Mein ~ 3

Ramen wins. New battle:

Burrito
http://www.maryfons.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2014/04/513143ea792e5.image_.jpg

vs.

Taco
http://a66c7b.medialib.glogster.com/media/ae/aec6994d5c4dd92c95794ea91909e6d89a0aed1b463b62d06f9891e81c391003/taco-supreme-png.png

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Taco. No contest. That crunchy bite into a taco is just so amazing. Plus you can have soft tacos. Can you have a hard shell burrito? Didn't think so.(Actually I don't know if they do but meh.)

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I can't imagine life without burritos. Not only does they combine meat, vegetables, and delicious carbohydrates in a way no other food can, but they always come at a reasonable price relative to their size. I've seen 12-dollar burgers before, but never a 12-dollar burrito.

The taco was made specifically for people who can't finish burritos. You know what I am when I eat a taco? Still hungry. A taco isn't a meal, why bother?

Can you have a hard shell burrito?

You can have a chimichanga.
Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Oh gosh, the battle of one of my favorite Mexican cuisines. Wow, hard to decide. I'll have to go with Tacos though. There's just something about eating a hard shell that carries an assortment of meats and veggies that will break apart when you try to eat it and make your mother convinced that you need to go back to eating with a baby's bib.

So Tacos.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

I like both, but whenever i can choose between them i tend more to a Burito.

Therefore --> Burito.

CherryCoke360
CherryCoke360
407 posts
Nomad

Man.. this is tough because i love them both.. tacos are great when you have munchies, but the burrito can actually be eaten by itself as a meal. I think i have t go with burritos this round. you can put more stuff in them and they last longer.. xp

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Burritos are one of my favorite foods. If one burrito place is closed, I have 5 other backup places on standby. I could go to a different burrito place every day of the week, and leave Sunday reserved for Korean food or Wendy's.

The best Tacos I've ever had were in Mexico. They were soft-shell tacos topped with chicken, onions, cilantro and lime. If that were the kind of tacos that were popular in America and not boring, flavorless hamburger meat with lettuce and tomato in a hard shell--it's just a hamburger with no character--I would appreciate tacos more.

Burritos.

CherryCoke360
CherryCoke360
407 posts
Nomad

Yeah i have to try those tacos if i ever go to mexico.. but that will probably never happen.. are there any places in the united states that sell tacos like the ones you had in mexico?

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

Tacos. Every week I half to eat at least one crispy taco from Taco Bell.

Showing 136-150 of 327