ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArmorGames' Armatar Contest: THANKSGIVING!!

95 36287
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8500/8253540719_7b89c6b013_b_d.jpg

Now that everyone has shaken off the fright and is enjoying their brand new Armatars, GREAT job there everyone!, we are looking forward to the next event on our calendar... again, do not forget to claim your deserved Merit if you submitted a chosen entry!

Remember to check in and comment on my profile and claim your well deserved reward!! =)

Moving on... next up is an annual worldwide event that is celebrated with food, and I mean lotsa foodh! Omnomnom... when the leaves start falling, put on that Pilgrim's hat, grab y'er Turkey and start thinking of all that wonderful art you can now submit for the next ArmorGames' Armatar Contest Edition:

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2881/10723555123_d7ec064c24_o_d.png

What will your creative minds come up with?! A smiling Pilgrim? A nice little pumpkin? A beautiful Autumn scenery? A deliciously filled Cornucopia Basket - the "Horn of Plenty"? Some savoury corn on the cob? Or will you settle for that good old winner of a Turkey?! Well, before you start drawing, make sure to read the...

# ARMATAR CONTEST GUIDELINES :

1) All entries must be appropriate. They cannot be offensive or profane in nature. Keep it clean!
2) The entry must be square, and at least 100x100 pixels in dimension.
3) Your entry must scale down well to 100x100. So if it is larger, make sure that it will still look good when it is scaled down to the actual armatar size. Here are a few suggestions about this :
~ Sometimes keeping it simple is better. If you go into a lot of detail, it might not look as great when you scale it down. So keep in mind what the final size will be and check often how it looks when it is scaled down.
~ Remember to save a lot while you are making it! Better to delete 20 -in between made- save files later on, than ending up with something you actually don't like...
~ If you are able to do vector, by all means! That can help with the sharpness of the image. However, since they are so small this is probably not a big issue.
4) Must be completely original. You cannot use elements from other pieces of artwork, the entire armatar must be 100% created by you.
Plagiarism will not only exclude your submission by means of disqualification, it will also exclude you from participation in any future contests AND will have further consequences!
5) Must be fitting to the current contest's theme. If a certain entry is debatable to whatever extend, a mod or admin will give the decisive and final ruling for submission.

Like the previous Edition, the contest will remain open past the date of Thanksgiving, just to make sure there is enough time for you to enter your artwork! Closing date will be announced whenever it's time...

Allright! Let's soak up that fresh Autumn breeze, be inspired by the colorful leaves falling, ask your mum to bake you a nice sweet pie (for reference of course... heheh...) and oh... what exactly did a Turkey look like again? Hmmm...

Be inspired! Be creative! Amaze us! Gobble gobble! Have fun! =)

• 95 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Oh right, almost forgot! Here's one of my very own special Thanksgiving recipies!

Step 1: Go buy a turkey.
Step 2: Take a drink of whiskey, scotch, or JD.
Step 3: Put turkey in the oven.
Step 4: Take another 2 drinks of whiskey.
Step 5: Set the degree at 375 ovens.
Step 6: Take 3 more whiskeys of drink.
Step 7: Turn oven the on.
Step 8: Take 4 whisks of drinky.
Step 9: Turk the bastey.
Step 10: Whiskey another bottle of get.
Step 11: Stick a turkey in the thermometer.
Step 12: Glass yourself a pour of whiskey.
Step 13: Bake the whiskey for 4 hours.
Step 14: Take the oven out of the turkey.
Step 15: Take the oven out of the turkey.
Step 16: Floor the turkey up off the pick.
Step 17: Turk the carvey.
Step 18: Get yourself another scottle of botch.
Step 19: Tet the sable and pour yourself a glass of turkey.
Step 20: Bless the saying, pass and eat out...

Omno.. *HIC* ...nomnom... De-*HIC*-ciousss! (@.@)

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

I'm going to stop by the US, more precisely DayCee's house, and I'm going to try that turkey.

bingu77788
bingu77788
464 posts
Peasant

can I draw it on paper and take a photo of it?

bingu77788
bingu77788
464 posts
Peasant

[url=http://s848.photobucket.com/user/bingu77788/media/BinguTurkey_zpsf1d33559.jpg.html]

My turkey! Well, he's alive, but... you know... most people would probably post cooked turkeys, so I decided to make something different.

bingu77788
bingu77788
464 posts
Peasant

and I made it on paint, by MYSELF. I'm not really a drawer, but... yeah...

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I'm going to stop by the US, more precisely DayCee's house, and I'm going to try that turkey.

Wrong country Nilo... check my profile flag! =P

But you are always welcome to drop by for some turkey!

@ bingu77788 : You are free to draw it on paper and then take a photo of it, but it needs to be a clear image... if the image is too faded, it will not look good once scaled down, try to remember that, ok?

I tried posting your image for you, but the link directs me to a page on PhotoBucket that apparetly does not exist? (O.o)
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Wrong country Nilo... check my profile flag! =P

Oh, then you're much closer... which makes the trip much easier. Perhaps I'll drop by and help you with that, ahem, turkey recipe

Oh, and:

http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab43/bingu77788/BinguTurkey_zpsf1d33559.jpg
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

@ OperationNilo : Ahum-hum-hum... *cough points below cough* ...ahum... =)

ARMATAR CONTEST GUIDELINES :

Rule # 2) The entry must be square, and at least 100x100 pixels in dimension.
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, that armatar is bingu77788's, I just fixed the image for him.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

It's Turkey Time! Fat ferrets that have eaten lots of turkey are also welcome as armatars.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Just two left over from last year. Autumn moon and evil pie.

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx84/no_photos_here/autumnmoon-1.jpg

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx84/no_photos_here/evilpie2.jpg

I'm not sure if I'm more or less proud of my artistic abilities than I was a year ago.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

It's Turkey Time! Fat ferrets that have eaten lots of turkey are also welcome as armatars.

It's on, Ferret. Once I upload my completed result, just remember that it was you who gave me the idea in the first place *evil laughter*
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,523 posts
Farmer

I wonder if we'll get any owls in this contest...

/crosses fingers

bingu77788
bingu77788
464 posts
Peasant

Is there a way to make the photo square?

t1ckt0ck
t1ckt0ck
5 posts
Jester

This never works for me, but I try again

[url=http://s1038.photobucket.com/user/roxpoppy/media/AGthanksgivingArmatarPUDDING15_zps0a7d0c7f.png.html?sort=3&o=0]

Showing 1-15 of 95