Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Any Ben Folds Lovers?

Posted Nov 7, '13 at 7:25pm

Erabor

Erabor

69 posts

Although I attend a high school of several thousand students, I have a hard time finding those who have a love for Ben Folds, and similar artists.
So my question is, if any of the people in the lovely community of AG like his musical style. What is your favorite song, if so?

Posted Nov 10, '13 at 2:33am

Skeleton_Pilot

Skeleton_Pilot

1,180 posts

His style is unusual, I'll give it that!

Maybe you could share a few of your favorite Ben Folds tracks to show those of us who are just hearing of him for the first time what we've been missing all these years? =)

Posted Nov 10, '13 at 9:54pm

Erabor

Erabor

69 posts

Well, Ben Folds is very musically gifted.
Some notable tracks include
'Landed', by Ben Folds
'Philosophy', by Ben Folds Five (the band he was in before going solo)
'The Luckiest', by Ben Folds

Posted Nov 13, '13 at 3:08am

Skeleton_Pilot

Skeleton_Pilot

1,180 posts

All three are great tracks! I'll provide links to them so others may be more inclined to listen...

"Landed"
"Philosophy"
"The Luckiest"

Thank you for introducing me to this artist! I'm sure I heard him on the radio back in his earlier days, but I was much too young to appreciate it then! =P

Posted Nov 14, '13 at 10:14pm

stinkyjim

stinkyjim

464 posts

I feel like I have heard him before... Does he normally play on the radio? The more I listen, the more I recognize him. Very baffling.

Aha! I heard his song 'Red Is Blue' from a movie!!! I don't remember the movie, but it's a relief knowing that I won't have to dig through the back of my mind all night to find out how I knew him.

Posted Nov 15, '13 at 6:43pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,270 posts

Knight

I love him as a pianist, but I can't get excited about his lyrics and melodies. For me, they just don't go anywhere.

His voice is interesting as well. The whole "not trying to sound like I'm singing" thing actually sort of works for him.

He's obviously a great musician, but I can't get into any of his music.

Posted Nov 19, '13 at 9:25pm

Drink

Drink

1,508 posts

i dont know much about this ben guy, but if he were to fold my clothes i might get to know him some

Posted Nov 19, '13 at 11:59pm

Fuzio

Fuzio

65 posts

He sounds like someone who would have a track on every sad movie soundtrack. Does he have anything that's not depressing ?

Reply to Any Ben Folds Lovers?

You must be logged in to post a reply!