ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] Need help with Shell Shock Live 2 Account login

17 26959
Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

I am unable to create my own account with Shell Shock Live 2 in order to play it. When it first came out, I attempted to create an account while logged into ArmorGames, but it would not work at all.

Then one day it suddenly started putting me automatically into an account, but there was a major problem. The account was someone else's!

Now, every time I log on, it gives me that other person's account instead of my own and I have no other way to make an account.

Can someone please fix this major bug! Thanks.

• 17 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

You should be able to log in with your Armor Games account. If you cannot, screenshots would be helpful.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

I can log in, and it says that I am logged in as myself, but I am playing someone else's account/character. I will see about that screenshot.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

Hmm, that didn't work.

http://tinypic.com/r/102wirk/5

here is the image. It says its me, but its not.

devansh_asthana
devansh_asthana
480 posts
Farmer

I fixed the image for you:
oi42.tinypic.com/102wirk.jpg

I will try to notify ferret about this.

boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

In a lot of MMOs - ShellShock 2 is kind of both an MMO and flash game on our site - you are allowed to pick a username independent of the one you have on Armor Games. I see no actual armor games account with the name @mnopqr, so maybe that was the name you chose when you first played the game? If you look at the screenshot, it has your UUID as armorErile, which has your Armor Games username in it.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

I never signed up for an account with this game. I tried to sign up many times, but it wouldn't let me sign up. Then one day, it let me play, without creating an account, and I was playing someone else's account. In November, when I first posted this, it gave me the account of a third level by a different name. Now, I am playing as a first level by the name in that image.

I never made an account, I never signed up, and it has me playing someone else's account under my armor games login.

They just need to get rid of whatever link to someone else's account the game created in error and let me play my own.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

I posted the image, showed that I am being given someone else's game ID/account. I have not yet been allowed to play the game with my own account. This has been a problem since the original upload of the game. Is there going to be any attempt to fix this?

boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

I contacted the game dev on your behalf and he said he is looking into it. I'll let you know when I know more.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

The game still shoehorns me into someone else's userID. Still can't play my own game, and I don't feel I should be forced to share someone else's.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Hmmm, I currently have trouble accessing the game, must be blocking something.

I had this a while ago with an MMO (multiplayer online game), where it auto-filled me in as someone else. Confusing, but the answer was to log out & log back in, as yourself or whatever account you create for it.

Is there no way for you to log out there?

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

No, in this game the logins are automated and tied in to your ArmorGames account. It decided to give me someone else's account and there's no way to persuade it otherwise.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

It doesn't even allow me to keep xp on the ID it assigns. I can goof around a bit, but the xp is deleted the next time, possibly because its not my account.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

^ Never mind that spam message above, should (hopefully) be gone soon

Erile, there was this similar thread on Shell Shock Live 2 just now, see if it fixes your issue: http://armorgames.com/community/thread/12265398/logging-on .

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

^ Never mind that spam message above, should (hopefully) be gone soon

Aaaaaand... *poof* ...wherediditgo?! =)

As for the problem, if it persists, please email Ferret about it (ferret@armorgames.com), explain the situation and he can help you further, ok?
Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

Thanks, I sent an email to Ferret, since the problem has persisted for a very long time now. I am posting the message here for reference, thanks again.

------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I was told I should email you regarding the problems I have been having with Shell Shock Live 2 that have prevented me from playing the game for 4 months now. I was told by boppins that they contacted the game developer in January, but the problem still persists.

I never signed up for an account with this game. When it first came out, I attempted to create an account while logged into ArmorGames, but it would not work at all. I tried to sign up many times, but it wouldn't let me sign up. Then one day, it let me play, without creating an account, and I was playing someone else's account. My AG account was being assigned to someone else's userID for the game. It was not a new account and was clearly played before even though I had never played the game.

So, as of November 2013, the game gave me the account of a third level by a different name. I don't know where it came from, but there it was. No one else uses my computers and I don't know anyone else that even uses armorgames. Basically, I was unable to create my own account with Shell Shock Live 2 in order to play it. Every time I logged on, it gave me that other person's account instead of my own.

Amazingly, in January or so, after a period when the game was down for some reason, attempting to log in to the game now gave me a new and different account! Ever since then, when I log in I see this: http://tinypic.com/r/102wirk/5

To reiterate, my armorgames account name is Erile, but that user name is not mine. I never created a username or an account with ShellShockLive2 as I was never allowed to by the game. So I still can not play the game as it shoehorns me into someone else's userID.

This problem is independent of computer and browser. The game has assigned my AG account to someone else's log in, which is a problem with the game that I can't do anything about. Please have them remove the association the game has created for my AG account so that I can create my own account and try to play the game.

Thank you

P.S. Another issue associated with this, which may or may not indicate the nature of the problem, is that I cannot gain any experience on the other person's account. I attempted to but if I leave and come back, all of the experience gets removed.

Showing 1-15 of 17