ForumsForum GamesExplorer of the New World

3 2999
jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

I write a lot so you don't have to read everything below at once.

Rules
1. This game is single player, but I may use a Player 1's character, or someone similar, as a NPC in Player 2's game. Do not get confused as Player 1 will not actual be part of Player 2's game.
2. Feel free to ask questions.
3. There is no such thing as too much detail, but there is such thing as too little detail.
4. I am free to add changes whenever I feel like it.
5. This game is always open.
6. Do not ask questions in my profile comments, ask in the game. This is because I don't check my profile comments very often but I will check this game often.
7. Sexual content may happen out of realism, but will be skipped over with ' you had a pleasent night with your lady friend' or something similar. If you want a child, then there will be something like 'the stork brought you a child'. Please be discreet about it as well.
8. Anything in brackets in the character sheet is to be deleted. They are just examples and you can add anything along the lines of it.

You have recently been brought over from the Old World to the New world to make your fortune. The New World has been known for four years now, and so far the two settlements there have been thriving. There has been little disease, farms produce great bounties have crops, and game is plentiful. A couple of wizards present on the New World have found their power mysteriously easy to use, but nothing to be alarmed about. Your specific task is to find if any others are in the New World besides for your people, the Anglenders.

The New World is a high-fantasy continent(s) (it is unknown how big the New World is currently) which has recently been discovered. The Old World is very similar to the real world, but there is a small amount of magic. The mightiest of wizards, the type who appear once for every three hundred million born, can shoot a single fire ball and be drained. Most wizards can light candles and perform illusionary tricks. Anglend is very similar to England, but has a few differences which will be discovered. It is currently the Age of Exploration in the Old World, and everything is going very similar as to as it had been in the real world. There is only one species which is not native to the real world in the Old World, known as Wargs. Wargs were the life's work of the person believed to be the greatest wizard of all time and are essentially easy to train twice-as-large-as-normal-wolves.

Magic works the same way in the New World as it does in the Old World, it's just a lot easier to use in the New World. Mana is a type of magic found in all living things, and it can tapped into by anyone. It is easiest to use your own mana, then the mana of those who (biologically) you are similar to. If one has their mana completely drained, they immeadietly die. One could also tap into their mana, even without meaning to, to give them extra energy. Most beings do this. Mana builds like a muscle, the more one uses it the more it expands. One can imbue some of their own mana into a non-living object, or even a living thing, to give it an unique attribute. A wizard can control this attribute, but for an unskilled person the effect is based on the amount of mana, the emotion of the person, and the object. Common effects are strengthening/weakening of particles, giving it a pseudo-life in which it behave like a living being until the mana runs out, and simply storing mana until it is taken out again.

Magic has seven known forms. Telepathy (This could be used for making mass illusions and mind control as well as speaking to minds.) rmanipulation/creation/destruction of light(known as umblomancy, the changing of temperature (known as temperamancy), the manipulation of liquids(known as liquimancy), the manipulation of plasmas(known as plamancy), the maniuplation of solids (known as sodilmancy), the manipulation of gases (Aremancy).

Character Sheet

NameIf you do not know how to do this, you are banned.)
History: (Are you native Anglend? Do you have any special skills?)
--------------------------------------
Perks: (Anything which gives you an edge over life.)
Equipment: (Anything you own, at all. That includes clothing.)
Flaws: (You can make your own, but I will add some as well if I feel you are overpowered.)
-------------------------------------
StatsYou get thirty points to start with. To give you an idea of how things work, 100 points in something would give you near-unbeatable power while 0 in something means an above-average child could beat you at it. Twenty means that you could have a succesful career based around it.)
StrengthHow strong you are, muscle-wise.)
MagicHow good you are at magic.)
ManaMana is explained above.)
StealthHow good you are at sneaking.)
LuckHow high the odds are that I'll give you good stuff. Don't push your luck though, as even with high luck things can go wrong.)
---------------------------
Thirst:0 (If it reaches 100, you are dead.)
Hunger:0 (If it reaches 100, you are dead.)
Injuries/illnesses: None (anything, no matter how little, is listed in this section. Including papercuts.)

You will have greater total perk/equipment power than flaw power, the flaw stat is just to stop over-poweredness. If you under-perk yourself, then instead of getting adding another perk/peice of equipment I'll just have you find a magic sword or something really lucky in early on. I'll refrain from telling you the regular amount of perks because I haven't thought of it yet, you can see what the first person get's to know how it works. First person to sign up gets a bonus.

• 3 Replies
spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

Name: Spike Archiac
History: I come from anglend, having much prior experience with magic.
--------------------------------------
Perks: ambidextrous, extreme accuracy
Equipment: an orange and purple robe, some nice wooden shoes, and regular pants
Flaws: add whatever you want...I don't feel like im flawed.
-------------------------------------
Stats:
Strength: 0
Magic: 0
Mana: 0
Stealth: 0
Luck: 0
---------------------------
Thirst:0
Hunger:0
Injuries/illnesses: None

so I read all of the intro...and im lost.

there is no inventory...so how do I keep anything including food and water?

jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

I've decided that I did this wrong. I'm going to redo it in a couple days. There will be a kickstarter first.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

LOL ok

Showing 1-3 of 3