ForumsGames[Found] trying to find name of a puzzle game

2 1699
zortharg
zortharg
7 posts
Nomad

I aborted a game at some point a few months ago and I can't find it again. The premise of the game is that you are playing a boy whose sister was killed in a driving accident some time before. But her voice is narrating and speaking to you from beyond the grave and directing you through a strange netherworld where perhaps you stand a chance of finding her and resurrecting her. The game world is the surface of a cube. If you go to the left edge of the screen you're on the cube rotates to the right to allow continuity to the left, and same with the right, and same if you go off the screen down or up; and down is always the same relative to where it was continued from the cube face you were just on - but because of this nonplanar geometry, moves such as moving down, left and back up allow you to get back to the same face of the cube but with a different direction defined as "down". The rules for getting to the exit are essentially the same as in the man with the invisible pants: if gravity for you is pointing the wrong direction, you can't use the exit door, down has to be the bottom of the door. You navigate through this 3-d maze and the narrator warns you not to touch that which is dead, and you must avoid touching anything which is dead and on the ground but also these floating wraiths that chase you if you get close enough or in their line of sight which are apparently also "dead" things. There are various colored switches in the gameplay which turn on and turn of like-colored force-fields - which may be obstructions preventing you from getting where you want to be and also useful as something to stand on. Perhaps it is not classified in the &quotuzzle and skill" category or perhaps it is and I just somehow keep missing it or not identifying it by name and thumbnail when I see it.

• 2 Replies
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Sounds like a perfect description of Sequester!

zortharg
zortharg
7 posts
Nomad

Thanks. That's the one all right. Wow, I would have never guessed it was something made by the creator of those awful indestructotank games. I guess you can't judge everything made by someone based on his other work.

Showing 1-2 of 2