Forums

ForumsProgramming Forum

Text-Adventure games

Posted Jun 29, '08 at 6:57pm

sorrowsneptune

sorrowsneptune

36 posts

I'm interested in making my own Text-adventure game. does anyone have any suggestions for a good program for making Text-adventure games? I have a MAC, but my brother's getting a PC Laptop pretty soon.

Posted Jun 29, '08 at 7:09pm

LordBob

LordBob

563 posts

For overall games you could use MacGameMaker

There are many other, but I need to know what languages you know.

Posted Jun 29, '08 at 7:17pm

sorrowsneptune

sorrowsneptune

36 posts

I only know English, and a little Sign Language.

Posted Jun 29, '08 at 8:10pm

LordBob

LordBob

563 posts

No I mean computer language.

Posted Jun 29, '08 at 8:25pm

Klaushouse

Klaushouse

2,959 posts

Wow. That was pretty funny. The best game maker is obviously Flash. Then maybe Game Maker 7. Don't know this MacGameMker thing so I can't comment. Knowing the language, I laughed, it shows you aren't ready to make a game though honestly

Posted Jun 29, '08 at 9:56pm

sorrowsneptune

sorrowsneptune

36 posts

um, ok O_O...

I have no idea how to make Flash, so I pretty just want to give making a Text-based game a go. I'll try to learn how to make a Flash based game once I visit my friend who has a Flash program.

Posted Jun 30, '08 at 12:47am

Klaushouse

Klaushouse

2,959 posts

A text based game would need almost the same amount of coding as a flash based game. They don't mix so I wouldn't suggest trying text to get into flash?

Posted Jun 30, '08 at 10:18pm

sorrowsneptune

sorrowsneptune

36 posts

yeah, guess your right.

Posted Jun 30, '08 at 10:23pm

StarScreamer

StarScreamer

629 posts

Maybe you could make a flash game that for some levels have a text that you have to put in. Maybe a code or # or something like that.

Posted Jul 3, '08 at 2:07pm

flappybob999

flappybob999

860 posts

You could make a game, where, in the right side of the screen, there is a man. And on the left side, there is a text adventure game. You make the llittle man do what you want by following the text adventure. Old, yet new!

Reply to Text-Adventure games

You must be logged in to post a reply!