ForumsProgramming ForumText-Adventure games

11 10425
sorrowsneptune
sorrowsneptune
35 posts
Nomad

I'm interested in making my own Text-adventure game. does anyone have any suggestions for a good program for making Text-adventure games? I have a MAC, but my brother's getting a PC Laptop pretty soon.

• 11 Replies
LordBob
LordBob
517 posts
Nomad

For overall games you could use MacGameMaker

There are many other, but I need to know what languages you know.

sorrowsneptune
sorrowsneptune
35 posts
Nomad

I only know English, and a little Sign Language.

LordBob
LordBob
517 posts
Nomad

No I mean computer language.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Wow. That was pretty funny. The best game maker is obviously Flash. Then maybe Game Maker 7. Don't know this MacGameMker thing so I can't comment. Knowing the language, I laughed, it shows you aren't ready to make a game though honestly

sorrowsneptune
sorrowsneptune
35 posts
Nomad

um, ok O_O...

I have no idea how to make Flash, so I pretty just want to give making a Text-based game a go. I'll try to learn how to make a Flash based game once I visit my friend who has a Flash program.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

A text based game would need almost the same amount of coding as a flash based game. They don't mix so I wouldn't suggest trying text to get into flash?

sorrowsneptune
sorrowsneptune
35 posts
Nomad

yeah, guess your right.

StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

Maybe you could make a flash game that for some levels have a text that you have to put in. Maybe a code or # or something like that.

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

You could make a game, where, in the right side of the screen, there is a man. And on the left side, there is a text adventure game. You make the llittle man do what you want by following the text adventure. Old, yet new!

zymn
zymn
24 posts
Nomad

go out and find an old copy of QuickBasic. its floating around on the net.
you can make text games with it.

mightybob
mightybob
360 posts
Peasant

Wow. That was pretty funny. The best game maker is obviously Flash. Then maybe Game Maker 7. Don't know this MacGameMker thing so I can't comment. Knowing the language, I laughed, it shows you aren't ready to make a game though honestly

You have to start at some point, right? When we all started we weren't ready, HONESTLY.
Showing 1-11 of 11