Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Annoying prev/next links

Posted Nov 12, '13 at 10:09am

Frank_B

Frank_B

4 posts

Why the heck have you put in links to prev/next games in the margins when we are playing a game? It is extremely annoying with all such irrelevant things on the screen. Show the game we are currently playing and nothing else.

Posted Nov 12, '13 at 12:50pm

ArcticRaptor

ArcticRaptor

1 post

Agreed. I'm finding it impossible to play some shooter games, I just keep on accidentally clicking the prev/next links. It wouldn't be so bad if they weren't right next to the game. Very inconvenient.

Posted Nov 12, '13 at 4:35pm

Mike1Shari

Mike1Shari

6 posts

What's with the monster truck background on Dawn and Clash of the Dragons, really lame, please stop the madness !

Posted Nov 12, '13 at 5:27pm

pft

pft

476 posts

I am not sure why this feature is needed? I tried some of them and they have nothing to do with the current game? This is what tags are for, if you want a similar game click the tags and look at similar ones.

What's with the monster truck background on Dawn and Clash of the Dragons, really lame, please stop the madness !

Yeah i noticed this aswell, not only at that game but even now on the forums this appears for me.

Posted Nov 12, '13 at 10:45pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,266 posts

Just checked it out..it wasn't in game margins for me? Link a game you have issues with it on please.

Posted Nov 13, '13 at 1:10am

Ferret

Ferret

5,512 posts

Administrator

Previous/Next buttons are on every game, they show up after around 15 seconds of play.  In no case that I've experienced, were they near my actual game window - but maybe you have very small windows? I'd love to see a screenshot if you could.  They seem very unobtrusive to me.

Posted Nov 13, '13 at 9:11pm

pft

pft

476 posts

Mine are  way outside the game window at the edge of screen. I don't think you could mis-click it so i didn't mind it really. The games for prev and next always same on a game. Normally i don't think they are related? What is the list for next and prev based on? For the random game thing?

Posted Nov 27, '13 at 10:19pm

MacII

MacII

1,369 posts

I'd figured really they tied together the newly introduced many sub-categories, that I'd offered some mild critique of before, and that I then reckoned they finally made some fairly good sense of, instead.

But I take it this isn't the case? Me, I find them an annoying distraction, then again knowing how us humans are conservative by nature & so tend to dislike whatever New and Unexpected things, I figure before we know we'll be used to them to the point where we won't even notice.

Posted Nov 30, '13 at 1:24pm

insanekun

insanekun

3 posts

I agree that the "prev/next links" are bothersome. In some games where you move the cursor around a lot, it's easy to accidentally click these "prev/next links".

I don't know if these links are misplaced for me, due to me having add-ons like NoScript and such, but the "prev/next links" are next to my game window. Like, RIGHT NEXT to it. So it's way too easy to accidentally click them, and have the whole page load away from my active game. I actually had to replay a level just now, because I accidentally clicked that godforsaken "prev/next link".

At least have it open up in a new tab, so our active game isn't affected!

Posted Dec 1, '13 at 2:34pm

MacII

MacII

1,369 posts

I don't know if these links are misplaced for me, due to me having add-ons like NoScript and such, but the "prev/next links" are next to my game window.

They're on the edge of my screen, and I have NoScript on and a bunch of stuff.

But whatever, I can see how it might interfere, since that is what is being reported on, right? Me, except for the visual distraction it really doesn't bother me. On an interesting sidenote: Clicking out of screen will otherwise cause your game to stop ;) Thankfully many modern games seem to catch this, so indeed will stop; it used to be and not at all long ago you'd mostly go off-game, and by the time you frantically got back on to the proper screen, it'd usually be game over.

Reply to Annoying prev/next links

You must be logged in to post a reply!