ForumsThe TavernIs points a good think about Armor Games?

27 4437
netrino
netrino
83 posts
Jester

i mean it is breliant to make the hole site a big game but the winner is the person that spams more than the others!

i was in armor games and before it started all this pointing think and i was a great site too!

Now i feel we are missing the main point of the site! and that is to play games! rating is always good but the comments aren't really nessesery! i mean if some1 have something to tell to the author he will make a comment anyway! but if we take point from it everybody will comment something! so the creator of a game can not really see what players believe about his game because all he see is meaningless posts!

so my suggestion is for Armor games not to give any points for commenting a game! so people will start trying to get refines and merits!

what do you feel about that people?

• 27 Replies
Cheeseman298
Cheeseman298
118 posts
Nomad

It seem s like Armor Games is only about points now a days, not about games like it used to be

armorkas
armorkas
396 posts
Nomad

you can't spam on this site, unless u do 1 post every 30 seconds, but that's usually not considered spam

xXxTetimaruxXx
xXxTetimaruxXx
418 posts
Nomad

Well, what if you just posted 'hi' or 'I agree or 'that's cool' or 'really' every 30 seconds, that wouldn't be counted as spam?

thaggard53
thaggard53
808 posts
Nomad

i agree that points shouldn't be more popular than games, but taking points away for forum posts? forums are better than just like rating a game or something.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

i think that points are a good thing. One of the reasons xbox live is better than wii and ps3 equivalents is that there are points. People like to be able to show off the length of their gaming penis. Its a good thing and gives people a motivation to say play and rate gaes they wouldnt normally play. That said it generates quite a lot of spam but in my opinion there are always gonna b spammers.

Blood_Angel
Blood_Angel
54 posts
Nomad

I quote Nurvana ad woody_7007
And i add that if you want you can also play a game without post a comment, you don't are compelled to post a comment 'because there are rankings' ^^

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I think the points are a great addition to this site. You can tell by the point distributions what kind of member the person is, and how they benefit the site. The only problems that arise is when people get greedy for AP. This is when we get things such as spamming. So it isn't the points that are the problem.

Pegasus
Pegasus
106 posts
Nomad

Just as Carlie said, it is a good thing but it starts to be bad when people just get interested in Armor Points and becoming number 1.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Yes but the people who post comments for ap arent going to change even tho they are causing the problem so i think even tho the points are a good idea the spammers are never going to go away.

EL_Dyablo_666
EL_Dyablo_666
579 posts
Nomad

I think points are good because you get to unlock Armatars that you couldn't access and it helps you get on top of the Player Ranking, well thats about.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

well think about wot u just sed dyablo. If there were no points there would be no unlockable armatars and no player rankings so wot u sed didnt rele make any sense.

Virtigo
Virtigo
50 posts
Nomad

I agree with Carlie, the only problem with points is that people just start to spam and comment on a game like 5 times in 5 minutes. I've literally seen one person comment 3 times on a game while playing it. He could've said all the things he did in those 3 comments in one comment very easily but he didn't because this way he gets more points.

Showing 16-27 of 27