ForumsNews and FeedbackShould we have a challenge(s) of some kind for game makers here?

2 3294
StormWingDelta
StormWingDelta
72 posts
Shepherd

Just wondering since it would be a good way to get a lot of new games up rather fast but it would also make for some interesting things too. The challenges could have their own section but wouldn't pop up on the feed unless thy won the right to be on here any longer than the challenge that they were made for.

Here's an example of what could be done:

EX Challenge: Better Than The Original
Description: Challengers are to create a clone of a game of their choosing within the time limit given and try to make it better than the original game they are cloning.
Time: X days, weeks, months, etc.

Would be interesting to see what people would cook up to say the least.

• 2 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Wouldn't telling someone they have to "make a game better than the original" under a certain time constraint be counter-intuitive.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

EX Challenge: Better Than The Original
Description: Challengers are to create a clone of a game of their choosing within the time limit given and try to make it better than the original game they are cloning.
Time: X days, weeks, months, etc.

Sounds slightly interesting, however I think there would be some rather large copyright issues here.

I don't really think there should be many challenges since most of us are not able to make quality games. I mean.... I made a matching game, but I don't think AG would be interested in it.
Showing 1-2 of 2