ForumsForum GamesInvention game Kickstarter thread

20 6933
stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

This game will be about inventing something and making money out of it and making it better by researching more.
I am making this thread to see if anyone wants to join, the max players will be 5 so let me know if you want to play.

This will be the CS, I'm going to add more to it and I am open to suggestions.

Name:
(Optional) Company name:
Research points:
Money:
Invention:

This is my first time making a forum game, so if you I'm doing anything wrong or you have any tips please tell me

• 20 Replies
stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

The game is also set in the year 2100

stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

New CS:

Name:
Occupation: (Business man: high money and high competition, scientist: low money, high research points, invents for a living low research points, low competition.
Inventing skill:
Research points:
Money:
Competition:
Current invention:
Inventions:

The game is actually set in the year 2043. Also is anyone interested in playing? I will take a max of 5 people. I am open to suggestions.

stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

Sorry about spam, it's actually set in the year 2057. There is some new technology.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

2057... so, flying car era?

stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

I'm just gonna make it 2060.

2057... so, flying car era?

Yeah, I think so, do you wanna play?
Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Well, let's see. I'll give you my idea for a revised character sheet. Here are three example characters.
Name:
Firm name:
Inventing skill:
Research points:
Money: $100,000
Debt: $50,000 @0.5% interest
Competition: none so far
Current invention: none
Inventions: none
Firm status: insolvent (in debt), local (location: any state or province, so for example Sichuan, Washington or Britain), low-profile
Now... scientists.
Name:
Parent firm:
Inventing skill:
Research points:
Funding: $50,000
Competition: none so far
And the last one...
Name:
Inventing skill:
Research points:
Money: $10,000
Debt: $0
Day job: janitor (8AM-6PM, $10/hour), office worker (9AM-5PM, $11/hour), work from home (???-???, ???/hour)
Home: cheap studio ($300/month)
Furniture: uncomfortable bed (sleep 10 hours), refrigerator (stores food), microwave (can cook microwaveable meals)
Competition: none

Basically, for the businessman your firm will start off as a tiny local establishment, selling stuff to maybe a couple of local stores. Then later on you can go national and finally global for lucrative contracts worldwide. With an R&D career you work for a decent-sized firm.
R&D is really about working with a budget to produce nice inventions that your company then sells. If they make a profit, you get more funding. Then with a hobbyist game, you basically live a normal life, but also make and sell stuff for more profit. Obviously, this will require more elaboration from me. Correct?

anewbeginning
anewbeginning
379 posts
Nomad

I'm interested. I'd like to know what the technology actually is though. Nerdsoft's ideas are good. So I would just create a random invention, for example a floating microwave, and you say how well it sells, then I make another invention/improve an invention?

stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

Yep, so you invent something and you can improve by research, or you can make another invention. But you can't just say "I invent a rocket ship that can travel the at the speed of light", you'd have to start at lower then that and then research it to make it better.

stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

Nerdsoft, those character sheets look pretty good. But what's a firm status, firm name and parent firm. :P

Well my first ideas was,
Buisnessman: Starts of with higher money, but already has some competition (the higher competition you have, the more other people will try invent something better than you but does a similar thing).

R&D: You start off with alot of research points (duh) and the rest of what Nerdsoft said is right.

Hobbyist: Basically or normally life, but an advantage is that you get competition slower that other jobs, since you are basically a random guy to the big businesses.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

I think its nice. I will join, just msg me a link to when its made :3

stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

Okay, thanks!

stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

I'm going to start this soon, I just need to know something: What's a firm status, firm name and parent firm?

stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

Never mind, I realised that a firm is like a company and a parent firm is a firm that owns another⦠I think. But what is a firm status?

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Probably how the firm is doing.

(Insert bold, italiac quote here)
stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

Okay that's probably right. Anyway I'm probably gonna start this soon. I let everyone who replies know when I start it. (Probably tomorrow)

Showing 1-15 of 20