ForumsForum GamesKickstarter for Pre WWII City Builder

7 3492
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

So this will take place in 1938, Rather then building up to war, the countries devolved into anarchy due to the depression, in 1929 when it first hit there were major grumbles, but within the next year the people fought their government, rising up, mostly ending up as their own little fiefs the size of their house, or the neighborhood. But some of them, usually Officers, former Government employees, even a few enterprising men and took over cities, enforced their own ideals and became city states. You are the owner of a city state and control it as such. Enclaves of the former governments remain strong, and attempt to keep control over the multitude of little self sufficient countries and some are more successful than others

Leader Name:
Description:
Bio: optional
---------
City Name: Can be real, or made up, don't be silly
City Standard:
Population:10,000 (Split between the below 3)
Workers:
Scientists:
Soldiers:
Soldier Types: Militia
---------
Buildings:TBD
Vehicles: (For War) none
Defenses: none
Allies: none
Enemies:
ResourcesCatch all currency)50,000
Morale: Average
Events: Your city State has been formed

First draft for the sheet,Under buildings, anything civilian will generally remain unwritten, like houses, farms and such, this is about the conflict that develops between all the broken countries.

Bonuses per nation
Russia: 2x Pop.
Germany: Tech research quickened
France: Higher Morale
America: Cheaper research & soldiers
Britain: Better Aerial forces
China:TBD, suggestions would be nice
Japan: better naval forces
Italy: Troops not affected by rugged terrain

I haven't added minor countries, but if you suggest a not totally OP perk for them i will allow it.

So. Anyone interested in this?

• 7 Replies
anewbeginning
anewbeginning
379 posts
Nomad

For china, why not have it be small trade goods manufactured easily.
And could you add Switzerland with the perk Troops are 4x effective for defending, but half as effective on attacking?
Just cause I'm from Canada and I really want there to be a Canadian option, could you have it in Canada you get friendlier NPCs?
And what's the value of the currency? Is it 2013 American Dollar equivalent, or 1938 American dollar equivalent?

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Eh, why not. I'd like to paly.
does TBD stand for To-be-done?

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

China has a large population, so maybe larger conscription/land based military soldiers? Or perhaps faster population growth?

I think each country should have two unique perks instead of one, like Russia could have "Cold and Mountainous resistance" where their soldiers and military units can traverse the cold and mountainous regions easier than others or something. Just food for thought. Britain also has a pretty good navy, and it's a constitutional monarchy, so that could be a plus or minus depending on how you perceive it.

Also, no South American countries yet? Have they disappeared, or do you just not have any knowledge on them?

And India. Who could forget India? Perhaps a trade bonus or something.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

I'm using my standard 'resources' marker, seeing as going into dollar values and exchange rates needlessly complicates everything

yes TBD means To Be Determined

I left out all the minor countries for the sake of time, i'd rather not backtrack through my memory trying to remember what every country did, like when i did know off the top of my head.

stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

Just saying that I'd like to play.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

I think each country should have two unique perks instead of one, like Russia could have "Cold and Mountainous resistance" where their soldiers and military units can traverse the cold and mountainous regions easier than others or something. Just food for thought. Britain also has a pretty good navy, and it's a constitutional monarchy, so that could be a plus or minus depending on how you perceive it.

well i can go listing every good thing each country had going for them, but i'd be typing for a while, also i'd prefer to just keep it simple, though i could give china the population bonus and russia the cold ruggedness
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant
Showing 1-7 of 7