Forums

ForumsVideo Games

Favourite RPG of all time?

Posted Nov 20, '13 at 9:35am

bingu77788

bingu77788

235 posts

Mine would be Tales of Vesperia and tales of xillia. They're both amazing.

Posted Nov 20, '13 at 11:32am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,528 posts

From  the few I've actually played...

Skyrim was quite well made, albeit was aimed to gain a massive audience, but they didn't let that shroud making a quality game.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms 8 is one of my favorite games..and will always hold a special place in my heart as well.

Posted Dec 4, '13 at 8:03am

xaeros

xaeros

54 posts

I played too many RPGs to have a favourite, really. I'd say favourite series are Golden Sun (take out the DS one, crappy) and Final Fantasy, which was gladfully not the final dream of Square :D

Posted Dec 4, '13 at 10:25pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,528 posts

Oh and pokemon..duh

Posted Dec 5, '13 at 5:51am

ivanxxxxxxx

ivanxxxxxxx

1,056 posts

Knight

RPG is my favorite genre and I would like to mention a few rpg games I was impressed with.

1. Fallout 2 - post apocalypse nuclear RPG

Game: Fallout 2
Publisher: Interplay
Developed by: Black isle studios
Year: 1998

This is definitely the best RPG that I have ever played. Fallout 2 is simply unsurpassed. In its own time and even today, he laid the foundation of modern RPG. At that time it was a revolution in every sense.What made this RPG famous is definitely not a graphic, but story which set up a homework for all future RPG games.

2. Baldur's Gate (series)

Developed by: BioWare
Year: 1998

One of the finest RPG games ever.It's a shame we do not have the opportunity to see such a pearl again.It appears that the year 1998 was the golden year for RPG. Today's RPG's can not be compared
with its predecessors.

3. Planescape: Torment

Developed by: Black isle studios
Year: 1999

Another pearl in a row. Black isle studios strikes again :) What made this game fantastic is a plot.It was considered to be the best role-playing game of 1999.

But since this is not a top 10,I will proceed in the order,but I'll just mention them: Arcanum,Final fantasy 1&2, Diablo1&2 (action RPG/hack and slash), Dungeon Siege 1&2.

Posted Dec 5, '13 at 6:23pm

jbondguy007

jbondguy007

34 posts

The Elders Scroll: Skyrim.

Posted Dec 5, '13 at 10:28pm

PauseBreak

PauseBreak

310 posts

Mario RPG

Posted Dec 7, '13 at 12:33am

1,770 posts

My favorite RPGs are definitely Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas. I've made mods for new vegas, and I've played both of them all the way through at least 10 times each. Hopefully Fallout 4 comes out soon too!

Posted Dec 11, '13 at 7:32am

lightcrux

lightcrux

368 posts

I've go two - Planescape: Torment and Fallout 2.

Posted Dec 11, '13 at 9:35am

Horst_San

Horst_San

2 posts

Final Fantasy X, Skyrim, Mass Effect

Reply to Favourite RPG of all time?

You must be logged in to post a reply!