ForumsGamesFavourite RPG of all time?

58 51878
bingu77788
bingu77788
464 posts
Peasant

Mine would be Tales of Vesperia and tales of xillia. They're both amazing.

• 58 Replies
Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

Final Fantasy III/VI.

Duh.

red303
red303
7,571 posts
Shepherd

Mine would be a relatively unknown turn-based rpg called Dokapon Kingdom. The name makes it sound bad, but you can't judge a book by it's cover.

l3edsheets
l3edsheets
9 posts
Shepherd

Tera count?

sinhellsing
sinhellsing
352 posts
Peasant

Dishonored and Fable, can't decide between them.
Dishonored - Even if it was quite short, it's still my favorite RPG. It simply is one of my favorites because the main character, Corvo Attano, is such a well done and a guy full of mysteries that you simply fall in love with him.

Fable - The first one, The Lost Chapters.. I think there wasn't other game that I played so many times. I literally finished it 14 times. 14! And I still feel the urge to play it. What got me? The story and the way it twists and the main villain, Jack of Blades. How can you not like that guy?

nuwbie
nuwbie
11 posts
Nomad

Baulders Gate 2, easily.

Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

I've played a ton of RPG's over the years.

My favorites would have to be Lunar and Lunar 2, the Bard's Tale Trilogy, Final Fantasy 1, 4, 6, and the Shining series (Shining in the Darkness, Shining Force 1, 2, 3, Shining the Holy Ark, Shining Tears, Shining Force Neo, etc.).

Although a lot of good RPG's were mentioned in this thread, I'd like to point out that other than Zelda 2 : The Adventures of Link, no Legend of Zelda game is an RPG.

Gogotank
Gogotank
3,165 posts
Lord

Shining Soul 2, I think.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I played through Earthbound recently, and it amazes me that such a great game hasn't been remade yet. 3DS version now!

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

Earthbound, Chrono trigger, pokemon (any), Mario and Green guy: Superstar saga, and FFX.

Earthbound - Deep story, great mechanics, and lovable characters.
Chrono trigger - Incredibly deep story, love the uniqueness of the battles, and the uniqueness of the story (at the time)
Pokemon - 'nuff said.
Mario and green guy: Superstar saga - Hilarious, love the timed hits mechanic, love the ridiculousness of it all.
FFX - After three years since I've played it... I'm still welling up in tears when I hear the main theme, To Zanarkend

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I finished Bravely Default yesterday. It has every cliche imaginable, and I love it for it. It's a love letter to fans of Final Fantasy everywhere.

jdguy99
jdguy99
58 posts
Farmer

most of my favs have been mentioned here. the baldurs gate games, the icewind dale games all took hours upon hours from my days and nights. Same with the Diablo series. The xcom games, old and new. there were number of old NES games that i enjoyed too. Can i pick a favorite single game. Prob not. Though the original xcom might be the one. I regularly went back to that over the course of 15 years. Think i might dive into Dragon Age Inquisition tonight though

Showing 46-56 of 58