ForumsGamesFavourite RPG of all time?

58 51885
bingu77788
bingu77788
464 posts
Peasant

Mine would be Tales of Vesperia and tales of xillia. They're both amazing.

• 58 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

From the few I've actually played...

Skyrim was quite well made, albeit was aimed to gain a massive audience, but they didn't let that shroud making a quality game.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms 8 is one of my favorite games..and will always hold a special place in my heart as well.

xaeros
xaeros
54 posts
Scribe

I played too many RPGs to have a favourite, really. I'd say favourite series are Golden Sun (take out the DS one, crappy) and Final Fantasy, which was gladfully not the final dream of Square

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Oh and pokemon..duh

ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

RPG is my favorite genre and I would like to mention a few rpg games I was impressed with.

1. Fallout 2 - post apocalypse nuclear RPG

Game: Fallout 2
Publisher: Interplay
Developed by: Black isle studios
Year: 1998

This is definitely the best RPG that I have ever played. Fallout 2 is simply unsurpassed. In its own time and even today, he laid the foundation of modern RPG. At that time it was a revolution in every sense.What made this RPG famous is definitely not a graphic, but story which set up a homework for all future RPG games.

2. Baldur's Gate (series)

Developed by: BioWare
Year: 1998

One of the finest RPG games ever.It's a shame we do not have the opportunity to see such a pearl again.It appears that the year 1998 was the golden year for RPG. Today's RPG's can not be compared
with its predecessors.

3. Planescape: Torment

Developed by: Black isle studios
Year: 1999

Another pearl in a row. Black isle studios strikes again What made this game fantastic is a plot.It was considered to be the best role-playing game of 1999.

But since this is not a top 10,I will proceed in the order,but I'll just mention them: Arcanum,Final fantasy 1&2, Diablo1&2 (action RPG/hack and slash), Dungeon Siege 1&2.

jbondguy007
jbondguy007
47 posts
Scribe

The Elders Scroll: Skyrim.

PauseBreak
PauseBreak
317 posts
Templar

Mario RPG

1,855 posts
Nomad

My favorite RPGs are definitely Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas. I've made mods for new vegas, and I've played both of them all the way through at least 10 times each. Hopefully Fallout 4 comes out soon too!

lightcrux
lightcrux
622 posts
Peasant

I've go two - Planescape: Torment and Fallout 2.

FreckledTerror
FreckledTerror
57 posts
Peasant

The Fire Emblem series, all the ones made in North America, at least, Pokemon, and X-Com: Enemy Unknown (Remake of first X-Com game from 20 years ago).

Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

My favorite is for PC. I play through Facebook, but i believe there is a way to play through another site.

The gamy anywho is Contract Wars

~~Black~~

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

Final Fantasy 3 for me. Real character interaction, a wonderful score, and tons of secret stuff to find.

wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

It would have to be any of the games in the Elder Scrolls series or Fallout series. They are both are pretty well written, have nice music and quests overall.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Maplestory or Runescape for me, they were my childhood games, and I still occasionally log in just to relieve that wonderful nostalgia!

ChromeDeathRazor
ChromeDeathRazor
437 posts
Farmer

Pokemon for me, regardless of Generation

jandekker
jandekker
9 posts
Nomad

my favs were the mass effects thanks to its great story and RPG elements,

Showing 1-15 of 58