ForumsGamesGrand Theft Auto

44 17124
Fuzio
Fuzio
63 posts
Nomad

I want to express how much joy all of these games have brought me. From GTA 3 on the PS2 to the new fifth one I love Grand Theft Auto! Anyone else?

• 44 Replies
CherryCoke360
CherryCoke360
407 posts
Nomad

Any mission with little jacob.. that guy is hilarious!

jhonlouie_mendegorin
jhonlouie_mendegorin
24 posts
Blacksmith

uhh every ending

but is just play lcs and vcs
in lcs got a helicopter by using a guide that Jam8tone (youtube)
made

Shukelven
Shukelven
42 posts
Peasant

San Andreas has the best storyline by far, I expected more of GTA V story.

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

What is everyone's favorite mission in a GTA game?

The golf mission in Vice City. Chasing a guy on a golf kart and killing him with a golf club. They could make an entire game based on that premise, provided that the game was made in the 90s before people's storyline standards got so high.
GirIGamer
GirIGamer
26 posts
Nomad

waiting for the PC release of GTA V I only play GTA series on my PC since GTA III

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I can tell you what my least favorite mission is. It's the GTA III mission where you have to destroy 3 triad trucks, but they drive at full speed and they're much stronger than regular cars, so it takes forever to hit them enough times to actually destroy them. If you can steal one of them, you're set, but that in itself takes a tremendous amount of effort and planning, with a few dashes of luck and chance.

I'm sure I spent a good half hour on this mission every time I attempted it, if not more. It was a blow to the head every time I failed.

Kreitmaker
Kreitmaker
290 posts
Jester

I hated in the old games (Vice City, San Andreas) how the RC Planes used fuel. I don't know if Rockstar knows, but isn't an RC anything powered by batteries? The missions with those fuel-powered RC Planes were tricky, but they were at least passable.

Rockstar honestly wasted their time making 3 endings for GTA 5. Only one of them was worth playing for, even if it was slightly more difficult than the other two.

When I first played the firefighting missions in Vice City, I was amazed by how much money I was making from completing them. However, it wasn't as interesting to play in San Andreas.

And the tank in Vice City was pure epicness, especially when it could destroy any car at the slightest touch.

The golf mission in Vice City. Chasing a guy on a golf kart and killing him with a golf club. They could make an entire game based on that premise, provided that the game was made in the 90s before people's storyline standards got so high.

I know of an exploit that made the mission much easier that allowed you to get into the golf course without going through the security checkpoint and losing your weapons. All it took was getting a trailer truck, parking near the hedge beside the front gate, and jumping from the truck's roof over the hedge and into the golf course.

I didn't know that for a while, so it was fun running over the bad guy and his henchmen with a golf cart.

Oh, and the game came out in 2002, so yeah.
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

What is everyone's favorite mission in a GTA game?

It was an early GTA III mission where you had to steal a guy's car, install a car bomb, and re-park the car where the owner left it. It sounds basic and mundane, but I didn't own the game or a PS2--my friend did--and he also did not own a memory card, so every time I went over to his house, I would complete the same missions over again--I never really got past the one where you have to transport three mobsters and shake the police. Out of maybe the first 10 or 15 missions, I would say the car bomb one was my favorite.

There was another one called "Farewell, Chunky Lee Chong" that was always scintillating, but the name of the mission added a lot to that one. Then there was "Van Heist" which was fairly easy for the sum of money they gave you. All you had to do was ram your car into an armored car until it ran out of "health"--usually it took 3 or 4 cars to do this, but compared to other missions that actually involve some strategy and thinking, this one was pretty effortless.

I'm sure I spent a good half hour on this mission every time I attempted it, if not more. It was a blow to the head every time I failed.

Try playing on a console without a memory card and having to redo that same mission even when you complete it the previous time.
Vinz15
Vinz15
2 posts
Nomad

Alright everyone pay attention and no one gets hurt!

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

I was not allowed to play these games when I was younger probably due to the fact that there's a lot of violence and strong language in them. You can even pay for prostitutes and have sex with them in these games from what I've heard.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I was not allowed to play these games when I was younger probably due to the fact that there's a lot of violence and strong language in them.

I wasn't either, but what I did at my friends' houses was out of my parents' jurisdiction.
Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

I was not allowed to play these games when I was younger probably due to the fact that there's a lot of violence and strong language in them. You can even pay for prostitutes and have sex with them in these games from what I've heard.

I usually play games like GTA with no one there.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Try playing on a console without a memory card and having to redo that same mission even when you complete it the previous time.

I would smash my console, or my game disc, or the controller somehow. Something would get smashed regardless if I had to complete that mission a second time.

I'm all talk. I say I would smash things, but in reality, I would probably just do the mission again until I finally beat it, knowing my lifestyle. But not before I bought a memory card, because there is no reason to not have one. That's just ludicrous.
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

But not before I bought a memory card, because there is no reason to not have one.

My consoles always had memory cards. I don't know what my friend was thinking by not having one. He didn't really play on it very often.

Short GTA-related anecdote: About a month ago, I was walking down the hall in my dorm, and a few of the guys in one room have an Xbox. Their door was open on this particular day, and when I looked in, I saw my friend playing GTA 5. I have never seen anyone drive a vehicle worse in a video game than this guy did, so of course I had to go in and make fun of him. I then gave him the old "I wonder if I can do any better" and he handed me the controller. I hijacked a car that looked fast, then drove around at full speed on the wrong side of the road--and I will mention that I hadn't ever played GTA 5 before--weaving through traffic like a professional. I did not crash once, and I even managed to score a few compliments from guys I barely knew. It was one of my greatest moments in gaming, even though to most it probably isn't much of a feat.

Then, a few days later, I did the exact same thing, but with my best friend watching. I think I proved myself a worthy car-weaver to all of those who actually cared about this sort of thing.
Showing 31-44 of 44