ForumsProgramming ForumHow to Create and Publish Your own Game

22 26713
Frankdoppler
Frankdoppler
2 posts
Nomad

Tell what you know about creating and publishing online games .

• 22 Replies
gwoodruler
gwoodruler
106 posts
Nomad

oh no not another one of these. it is not as easy as you might think. first of all you need a in-depth knowledge of some scripting language. then you need tou spend several months writing code for that game. then you need to test and publish your game. so unless you are really serious about making a game just forget it.

mathew1122
mathew1122
166 posts
Nomad

wow that must be easy like none of us need to know the computer language that takes years to learn and maybe pass collage hey i don't know im only 12

Mach1ne
Mach1ne
22 posts
Nomad

i find it interesting how you guys do it but i do not believe you can become wealthy making flash games for the internet... maybe you guys should think of game development for big companies like EA or Microsoft

Xinito
Xinito
109 posts
Nomad

On my next school i'm gonna learn for Game Development so I hope I learn there some stuff.

Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

...Xinito, your next school? Do you change schools regularly?

Xinito
Xinito
109 posts
Nomad

No I have finished my current school

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant

I think he's talking about to to a technical college for Game Development.
Which is also what I want to do when the time comes.

ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
993 posts
Nomad

i do not believe you can become wealthy making flash games for the internet

If you make flash games that are high quality regularly, it can pay really well.
As for making a game, it's very intimidating at first, and the hardest part for me would probably have to be actually getting it off the ground.
Also, good luck Xinto!
Xinito
Xinito
109 posts
Nomad

Thanks, but first mah holiday

iluvollie20048
iluvollie20048
1 posts
Nomad

[b][i] I love chocolate!!!!!! Anyway can someone please tell me how to create and publish a game!!!!!!!!

alex57834
alex57834
88 posts
Nomad

Im only 13 and I'm hoping to create a game good enough for ArmorGames
A great free course which tells you the basics is this: http://tv.adobe.com/show/actionscript-11-with-doug-winnie/

bigjacob
bigjacob
578 posts
Farmer

@ Iluvollie20048, what do you think this topic was about? >.>

DFBlocks
DFBlocks
19 posts
Peasant

Theres JS (javascript) you can learn for free at code academy.com but im not sure if javaScript will work on games

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

As for making a game, it's very intimidating at first, and the hardest part for me would probably have to be actually getting it off the ground.

Getting off the ground for the first time. It's like, "Okay I know what I need to know where do I start". Ended up for me spamming a bunch of classes for objects I wanted and writing them in and connecting them up.
manny6574
manny6574
922 posts
Nomad

How well did it succeed?

I'm trying to make a decent game right now and "get off the ground". I've made one mini-game before but well.. it was of rather lesser quality.

Showing 1-15 of 22