Forums

ForumsProgramming Forum

Android in Java

Posted Nov 25, '13 at 4:48am

arnavkumartechno

arnavkumartechno

5 posts

I know core java and some advance java as well. I do not have android phone. But want to play android games like "tample run". Can I use android game to run and play in java if yes, how?

Posted Nov 26, '13 at 10:48pm

Binary_Illusion

Binary_Illusion

281 posts

Can you emulate android games on the android SDK?
You could try that via your PC, however, my expertise with phones is not that great.

Regards,

-Binary Illusion.

Posted Dec 4, '13 at 3:22am

arnavkumartechno

arnavkumartechno

5 posts

I did not try it but i think emulator is really slow and is not reliable. But looks like that it is the only solution for me.
Thanks for your reply

Posted Dec 4, '13 at 5:07am

jasonjie88

jasonjie88

28 posts

You actually don't need an emulator if the game is in Java.

Java uses what is called a virtual machine to run. A bit like Flash, actually. The Java Virtual Machine is generally integrated by default into Android devices. This means no emulator needed. WYSIWYG.

However, some Android programs are found in an apk format. If you want to run that on a PC, it's then you'll need an emulator. That problem aside, you should be just fine.

Posted Dec 4, '13 at 8:32am

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

I think your problem runs in the opposite direction - Temple Run was probably programmed in C or C++ so as to be more easily portable between different platforms. That also doesn't account for the fact that you would still need a touchscreen to play. Yeah, you'd need an emulator.

There are a number of Android emulators out there, I think. If you want to avoid the Android SDK, you could try Genymotion, but if you're wanting to play Temple Run, you'd have to go with the trial. There are other emulators out there too that you could try - Google is your friend.

Reply to Android in Java

You must be logged in to post a reply!