ForumsForum GamesClaim to Magical Fame

82 15071
anewbeginning
anewbeginning
379 posts
Nomad

1. New players are always welcome.
2. This is single player.
3. You are welcome to do whatever you wish, as long as it doesnât break any rules. WHATEVER YOU WANT.
4. Read to the bottom of the page in case Iâve decided to add something to the CS.
5. Delete anything in brackets in the CS.
6. All starting scenarios are unique and specialized, based on your personality, bio, age, name, gender, and random factors. You may get classes and equipment right from the start if everything works.
7. I add all equipment and perk bonuses automatically.
8. If you do not like making personality/bio descriptions, Iâll add one for you. Youâll be the blandest, most uninteresting person ever though.

You are a mage, destined for greatness. The question is though, how will you achieve it? Will you be an infamous necromancer or a wise priest? Leader of armies or destroyer of armies?

Name: (What people call you.)
Bio: (You add it.)
Personality: (You add it.)
Guild: Mageâs Guild. (You can get different guilds as time goes on. For now you only have the most basic guild for wizards.
Class: Mage (The most basic class for wizards.)
Exp: 0/10 (When you level up you get something. What you get you never know, but itâll always be at least arguably good. You are allowed to, out of character, request level-up bonuses.)
Perk: +5 to mana.
Stats: (Your different skills in magic. You have 25 points to add to each stat, 1 point=5 points for health)
Mana: 10 (How much magical energy you have.)
Health: 20 ( How big of a hit you can take.)
Speed: 5 (How fast you can move.)
Solid Manipulation: 0 (How well you can manipulate solids.)
Liquid Manipulation: 0 (How well you can manipulate liquids.)
Gas Manipulation: 0 (How well you can manipulate gases.)
Plasma Manipulation: 0 (How well you can manipulate plasmas. If you didnât know, lightning and fire are plasmas.)
Creation: 0 (How good you are at creating whatever. Once created you have no control over the object though.)
Life: 0 (How good you are at healing/creating/reviving life.)
Preferences: None (Any specific things youâre good at, like water within liquid manipulation.)
Inventory: Nothing (Anything which is in limited supply, e.i potions.)
Equipment: Brown cotton robes, pants, and shirt. Leather shoes. (Anything which is permanent, unless destroyed.)
Gold: 50 (The universal money. 1 gold is equivalent to the price of a chocolate bar in our world.)

• 82 Replies
danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

i don't wanna be a MAGE,i wanna be a WARRIOR.
also,bump

Snag618
Snag618
6,704 posts
Blacksmith

This looks interesting, I'll join it. (Hoping this doesn't end up like the other 2 RPGs I've joined)

Name: Frogmyre
Bio: (OOC Would you mind doing it, new?)
Personality: Friendly, but getting on his bad side is dangerous.
Guild: Mageâs Guild.
Class: Mage (OOC I'm going to assume that I can get more classes later)
Exp: 0/10
Stats:
Mana: 10
Health: 20
Speed: 10
Solid Manipulation: 0
Liquid Manipulation: 0
Gas Manipulation: 0
Plasma Manipulation: 0
Creation: 10
Life: 10
Preferences: Creating weapons, Creating life
Inventory: Nothing
Equipment: Brown cotton robes, pants, and shirt. Leather shoes.
Gold: 50

Did I do this right?

anewbeginning
anewbeginning
379 posts
Nomad

Bio: Raised on a farm, appearingly the same as hundreds of thousands of other children around the globe, at the age of twleve Frogmyre showed his magical talent. One day, while planting seeds, he dropped the bucket and when he cried out in anger, the seeds started to grow. Recognising the talent and knowing how useful it could be, his parents immeadietly spent all the spare money they had and sold all the expendable animals to pay for magic lessons. Years later, after turning the farm into the greatest by the village of Yordiner with his skills in improving farm tools and making crops healthy, he set off to make his own in the world.
Class: Mage (OOC You can)
Stats:
Preferences: None (You have to earn preferences, like getting 'creating weapons' by being a blacksmith's apprentice or something.)

*You're welcome to add a few details, remove a few details, whatever from the bio if you wish.*
You have just left the home of your parents and went into the town of Yordiner looking for work. What work, you are not yet sure. But for a promising young man like yourself, there are many opportunies. The smithy would be glad to have you to make improvements on weapons, or you could rent a room and become a healer. There are near endless opportunities for you at this point in life.

Snag618
Snag618
6,704 posts
Blacksmith

Bio: Raised on a farm, apparently the same as hundreds of thousands of other children around the globe, at the age of twelve Frogmyre showed his magical talent. One day, while planting seeds, he dropped the bucket and when he cried out in anger, the seeds started to grow. Recognizing the talent and knowing how useful it could be, his parents immediately spent all the spare money they had and sold all the expendable animals to pay for magic lessons. Years later, after turning the farm into the greatest by the village of Yordiner with his skills in improving farm tools and making crops healthy, he set off to make his own in the world.
Class: Mage
Stats:
Preferences: None

(OOC I corrected some spelling for you, and thanks for explaining preferences)
I'll go to the smithy to try and get a job.

anewbeginning
anewbeginning
379 posts
Nomad

Bio: Raised on a farm, apparently the same as hundreds of thousands of other children around the globe, at the age of twelve Frogmyre showed his magical talent. One day, while planting seeds, he dropped the bucket and when he cried out in anger, the seeds started to grow. Recognizing the talent and knowing how useful it could be, his parents immediately spent all the spare money they had and sold all the expendable animals to pay for magic lessons. Years later, after turning the farm into the greatest by the village of Yordiner with his skills in improving farm tools and making crops healthy, he set off to make his own in the world.
Stats:

*Just to be extra clear, prefrences are your best skills. Like pyromancy inside of plasma manipulation, which you get through practicing with fire a lot.*
When you go into the smithy, the first thing you notice is the large collection of swords on the wall. While this wouldn't be strange for many smithies, being that there is a massive problem with evil sorcerors and demons throughout the continent, your village is strangely devoid of most threatening monsters. Going ahead to your task, you ask the blacksmith, whose name you soon learn is John Smith, for a job. At first he seems relunctant, being that he aleady has an apprentice, but when you learn's your a wizard he opens up a little and asks for to demonstrate your skill.
(If you impress him, you get the job. You can create simple weapons out of nothing, reshape already made weapons, or add additional features onto weapons. Adding something extra, being that it's the easiest, would be the best choice for you.)

thepwner23456787
thepwner23456787
213 posts
Peasant

Name: Mark
Bio: At a very young age Mark was tested for magecraft, and it was found he had it. When he was sent for further study, it was found he had the talent for Necromancy. Immediately he was shunned by the magic community. The university did everything short of kicking him out. Mark got the message, and left. He's been growing up on the streets ever since, forced into a gang where his power grew. Even though his surroundings were miserable, he tried to remain humble. Through the gang, Mark learned how to make different poisons, both liquid and gaseous.
Personality: Mark is humble most of the time, trying to make up for what he sees as his own curse.
Guild: The Stolt Gang (OOC does he have to be in the Mages' Guild since they rejected him?)
Stats:
Mana: 15
Speed: 5
Liquid Manipulation: 5
Gas Manipulation: 10
Creation: 5
Life: 0

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Name: Lucien
Bio: a middle class city citizen. Learnt basic magic at the city basic school. Here to get glory and eat shrimps. And is already done earing shrimps. Oh and a veggie. (Sea food dosent count).

Personality : an ambitious yet lazy and fun loving young fella.
Guild : the mages guild (Blue flame brotherhood 4 lif! *toas a glass of whiskey* [a stuiped college like thing. The other members are drunk, high or in a test most of the time]).
Exp: 0
Perk: +5 mana
Mana: 20

Solid .m:2
Liquid .m: 1 (beer bending)
Gas .m: 1(Legal flowers smoke bending)
Plasma .m:15
Creation: 1
Life: 3
Preferences: none
Inv. : empty
Equipment: blue cotton robes with a Jersey of 5, name and a symbol of the public wizard college football (aka soccer) club, pants (match to the robes) a shirt. A leather-like material shoes.

(Hope im good)

anewbeginning
anewbeginning
379 posts
Nomad

Bio: At a very young age Mark was tested for magecraft, and it was found he had it. When he was sent for further study, it was found he had the talent for Necromancy. Immediately he was shunned by the magic community. The University of Magical Craft did everything short of kicking him out. Mark got the message, and left. He's been growing up on the streets of Crestilia ever since, forced into a gang where his power grew. Even though his surroundings were miserable, he tried to remain humble. Through the gang, Mark learned how to make different poisons, both liquid and gaseous.
Personality: Mark is humble most of the time, trying to make up for what he sees as his own curse.
Guild(s): Mages Guild, the Stolt Gang
Stats:
Gas Manipulation: 10
Life: 0

*OOC Your guy can't actually do necromancy since it would fall under life. Since simply being good at necromancy isn't a crime officially, he wouldn't be kicked out. He can be part of multiple guilds though.*

As you were making poisons in your apartment, Jack Debrousti barged in and said he had a job for you. As you sighed, knowing that it would be something difficult with little reward for you, he said he needed you to assasinate someone. This is a difficult choice for you, being that you have never actually took someones life. Tortured them with various nerve gases, sure. Supply the poisons for the assasinations, sure. But never actually taken someones life personally. Then Jack said who you have to kill: city councilman Nicolas Smithersm, who recently has been pushing for the guards to crack down on crime. He's not the richest guy, but is well off, so he probaly won't have tons of guards but it'll still be difficult. Jack says he'll tell you the rest of the details once you agree, since if you decide to blab there could be a big reward.

thepwner23456787
thepwner23456787
213 posts
Peasant

Bio: At a very young age Mark was tested for magecraft, and it was found he had it. When he was sent for further study, it was found he had the talent for Necromancy. Immediately he was shunned by the magic community. The University of Magical Craft did everything short of kicking him out. Mark got the message, and left. He's been growing up on the streets of Crestilia ever since, forced into a gang where his power grew. Even though his surroundings were miserable, he tried to remain humble. Through the gang, Mark learned how to make different poisons, both liquid and gaseous.
Stats:
Gas Manipulation: 5
Life: 5
(OOC Oh crap, can I make an alteration then? I'm just switching 5 from gas to life. Is that okay? You can change it if it's not.)

I turn and look at the various poisons, some of them paralytics that I've been working on. I could just end it, kill Jack and get out of town. But I'd never do that. Jack's cronies would just hunt me down. I turn back to Jack.
"Sure Jack, I agree.'' I say.

anewbeginning
anewbeginning
379 posts
Nomad

Name: Lucien
Bio: a middle class city citizen. Learnt basic magic at the city basic school. Here to get glory and eat shrimps. And is already done earing shrimps. Oh and a veggie. (Sea food dosent count).

Personality : an ambitious yet lazy and fun loving young fella.
Guild(s) : The mages guild, blue flame brotherhood
Exp: 0
Perk: +5 mana
Mana: 12

Solid .m:2
Liquid .m: 1
Gas .m: 1
Plasma .m:15
Creation: 1
Life: 3
Preferences: none
Inv. : empty
Equipment: Blue cotton robes with a Jersey of 5, name and a symbol of the public wizard college football (aka soccer) club, pants (match to the robes) a shirt. A leather-like material shoes.

As the school year ends once more, the dean calls you into his office.
"Lucien, I'm afraid you cannot afford another of school. The sponsorship you recieved for the first two years of school has been revoked, now that your grades are slipping. You will either have to find five thousand gold within the next month, or leave the university. Now, if you don't have any questions, you should probaly start looking for some work.

anewbeginning
anewbeginning
379 posts
Nomad

Stats:
(OOC Of course. And I can't believe I was ninja'd twice.)

He tells you that in a couple hours you are too send a poisonous gas into the councilman's ventilation system. That's why they need you, strangely the buildings ventilation is unprotected, but they can't just send any poison gas in or else they would kill dozens of important people and the guards wouldn't rest until the culprits were caught. He gave you the address, a fancy apartment in the downtown area.

thepwner23456787
thepwner23456787
213 posts
Peasant

Stats:

"Is there a time limit for this job?" I ask. If there is, I will head to the downtown to check out the ventilation, how wide it is, how it works, etc.
If not, I will see if there are openings for positions in the household, mainly cleaning but I will take any position.

Snag618
Snag618
6,704 posts
Blacksmith

Stats:

Hmmm, I think I'll try and create a weapon, and if possible imbue it with magical energies.

anewbeginning
anewbeginning
379 posts
Nomad

Stats:

"Yeah," said Jack. "I already told you to do it in a couple hours. Any later and he'll already be making his big speech about crime rates and we'll be done for."
As you go to the apartment building, you see that a third of the way up, two thirds, and all the way up there are grates at the north, south, west and east sides. Each is about a foot sqaured. As you walk in and go up to his apartment, you see that at the ends of each corridor there is another grate, as well as on the ceiling in the middle of the hallway. As you leave the building and go into an alley to think about how exactly to put the poison in, you think that maybe just sending a gas through the slit under the doorway could work. Of course, if he isn't home it would be disatrous.

Stats:

You channel all your might into it, and you're able to make a small, six inch knife with the power to increase healing speeds on whoever is cut. The blacksmith thinks it over, and while not overly enthusiastic, he does decide to hire you. He says that you're job is to enchant tools and occasionally make one. Your pay will be fifteen gold a object, no pay if you mess up. You'll be starting tomorrow, so you can look around town for now and find accomadations. *I don't want to describe the whole town, so just assume it's a regular medieval village plus hedge wizard's hut.

thepwner23456787
thepwner23456787
213 posts
Peasant

Stats:

I think for a bit. Everyone has a unique essence. I could stick a poison in a bouquet of flowers tuned to his essence, but how would I get his essence? I look up in exasperation and see windows, and get an idea. First, I try to climb up to see into his room to see if he's there. If he is, I stick a small ball of solidified air born poison onto his sill, where it will fall into the room and dissolve, releasing the poison. If he's not, I wait until he returns and then do just as I described.

Showing 1-15 of 82