ForumsGamesSuper Smash Bros. 4

293 119278
GavinRox
GavinRox
50 posts
Jester

Anybody else excited? I really like these games, but the only thing that pisses me off is the new characters, and those getting deleted.

• 293 Replies
landmaster2000
landmaster2000
135 posts
Shepherd

When you get it, add 5069-4974-7679. We should play sometime!

Also, @pickpocket: Greninja basically has Lucario's counter and orb moves, his side B is like Ike's side B, up B is similar to Pikachu's up B, and meteor smash is basically Toon Link's meteor smash. I don't play as him much.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

My code is 1435-6109-9088.

See ya in the game.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Ah thank you.
Another question, sonic op or naw? I hear a lot of complaining about him.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Ew, getting the 3DS version. My roommates and I are just waiting for the WiiU version to come out and we are going to get that.

Another question, sonic op or naw?

I don't think so. I know he was broken in a few ways in Brawl but I haven't heard anything about sonic being op in 4. Also imao it is too early to tell who is OP or not.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Also imao it is too early to tell who is OP or not.

Except for Ganondorf, who is still a clone and still sucks.
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Except for Ganondorf, who is still a clone and still sucks.

Ganondorf only sucks if you don't know how to use him.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Ganondorf only sucks if you don't know how to use him.

Maybe, but he's only a slow version of Captain Falcon and the Capt is my number 1 at this moment. I've never seen anybody like him, ever. The only thing he has going for him is his final smash. Tell me, if you had a choice to play as, who would it be? Captain Falcon or Ganondorf?

The main problem I have with him is that he's a clone that doesn't even make sense. Seriously, he has a sword, he's had one since like, WindWaker(maybe before) and they know this too, be a customizable option is him holding his sword(However he still does the same Ganon punch).

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I've had the 3DS game for awhile, here are my thoughts on it:

Characters:

I have no real problem with the character selection. There's someone for everybody. There's plumbers, Gorillas, time manipulators, swordsman, girls in extremely tight suits, etc. Even Ganondorf is useful in Home Run contest(seriously, I got over 4000 just by using him.). So no problem in the character department.

Stages:

But the stages are not as perfect. Some of them have a huge level of difficulty(looking at you Magicant(Seriously, those birdman helpers are really hard to kill.)). The only few I do like are Battlefield, Final Destination, 3D Land, Golden Plains, Mushroomy Kingdom, Jungle Japes, Gerudo Valley, Spirit Train, Yoshi's Island, Dream Land, Corneria, Prism Tower, Mute City, Arena Ferox, Flat Zone 2, Reset Bomb Forest, WarioWare Inc., Distant Planet, Tortimer Island, Boxing Ring, Gaur Plain, Balloon Fight, Living Room, Find Mii, Tomodachi Life, PictoChat 2, Green Hill Zone, Wily Castle, and PAC-MAZE. Paper Mario, Brinstar, Unova Pokemon League, and Magicant(especially you) are very complicated for me.

Also there is no more stage maker, if you were wondering.

Online:

It's waaaay better than Brawl's, however I experience lag when in a match from time to time. I also like the betting mechanism in spectator mode, really makes you risk things.

Smash Run:

At first it's a bit difficult for me, but then I played a few more and started getting the hang of it. It's actually pretty fun and I recommend it.

Other Modes:

Classic Mode is fun, love All-Star mode. Multi-Man Smash is fun and very challenging(in some of them). Target Blast is a blast. Home-run Contest is a smashing fun time. Custom Miis and fighters are ok, though I'd stick to the originals. And the Vault, oh gawd the trophies are so addicting and dat trophy rush, mmmmmm. So good.

So yeah, I'd recommend buying this.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Ok, I was playing this on a friends 3DS at lunch today.

Did they nerf the ai? Because I set some new characters (+Duck Hunt Dog) to level 1s so I could see some of their moves (and beat up Duck Hunt Dog), and they just sat there, DOING. ABSOLUTELY. NOTHING.

I don't understand how classic works now either, its so confusing, and I ended up facing both master hand and crazy hand on 3.0, and then Master Hand died before Crazy.

~~~Darth Caedus

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Did they nerf the ai?

Dude, you set them on 1, of course they just sat there. I always set them to 3, and practice.

I don't understand how classic works now either, its so confusing, and I ended up facing both master hand and crazy hand on 3.0, and then Master Hand died before Crazy.

If you do classic 2.9 or lower you face Master Hand. On 3.0 to 8.9 it's both(don't hold me on that). And on 9.0 to 10.0 after beating Master Hand, you face The Swarm. I never faced the Swarm... but now I want to try it. :3
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I lied, his name is Master Core and I was wrong about the difficulty level.

Seriously, what happens is you face both hands and after you defeat one of them, the other's glove rips away and Master Core comes out. He has 4 forms, his first is some huge monster thing that stands in the background(you can still hit him though) his second is a giant scorpion, his third is 5 huge swords(Cloud would be jealous), and the last is a copy of you(I was Captain Falcon and Master Core ended up killing himself by doing a fail Falcon Punch).

Tabuu in Brawl was a pushover compared to Master Core. Seriously, how did Tabuu take control of Master Hand? Master Hand could have easily gained control of Tabuu as Master Core.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Dude, you set them on 1, of course they just sat there. I always set them to 3, and practice.
Dude, in Brawl, even on 1 they don't just sit there. And I mean it when I say that the ai's in 4 just sat there.

Also, grabbing a hammer on the Gerudo Desert bridge = bad idea

If you do classic 2.9 or lower you face Master Hand. On 3.0 to 8.9 it's both(don't hold me on that). And on 9.0 to 10.0 after beating Master Hand, you face The Swarm. I never faced the Swarm... but now I want to try it. :3

Interesting, because there were two paths, one leading to both and one leading to something else.

~~~Darth Caedus
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Interesting, because there were two paths, one leading to both and one leading to something else.

Yep, that's what happened to me.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I was playing 6.1 today (because my friends record was at 6.0)

I chose the black path, Master Core is annoying.

~~~Darth Caedus

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

He gets easier when you face him over and over. His move pattern becomes obvious as it goes on.

Showing 256-270 of 293