ForumsGamesSuper Smash Bros. 4

293 119403
GavinRox
GavinRox
50 posts
Jester

Anybody else excited? I really like these games, but the only thing that pisses me off is the new characters, and those getting deleted.

• 293 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I wonder what characters they are going to drop, if any.

I was thinking maybe Ice Climbers because of this:

Sakurai did tell me that âmultiple characterâ combatants like the Ice Climbers were proving a technical challenge on the 3DS.

But looking at Rosalina and Luma(although Ice Climbers and Rosalina's multiple character things are played differently) there could still be a chance for them to return.

Snake won't return because Sony basically owns him now and him being in Brawl was a rare case.

Lucario won't return because he isn't "next gen" by that I mean he isn't a Unova pokemon or the X and Y region(don't remember the name) pokemon.

I don't know anything about Fire Emblem but I think Ike is getting the boot as well because he wasn't in the new one or something like that.

I'm not too sure on this but Lucas probably won't make it. No one seems interested in him anymore not even Nintendo. So he probably won't make it.

R.O.B. same with Lucas, I don't think anyone cares about him anymore.

Wolf is probably getting cut, again I'm not 100% sure about him getting cut. Reason I think he's getting cut is because there are basically 3 Star Fox clones they may have some differences but those are tiny. Unless they give him a different move set he could be staying but we'll see.

And that's what I think of who will/might get cut.
landmaster2000
landmaster2000
135 posts
Shepherd

lol yeah, the internet spoilers thing seems a bit like an excuse to me, too. Whatever. I'll be sad if they get rid of Lucario but R2D2's predictions seem pretty accurate. I wish they'd bring back Young Link WAITWHAT

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

lol yeah, the internet spoilers thing seems a bit like an excuse to me, too. Whatever. I'll be sad if they get rid of Lucario but R2D2's predictions seem pretty accurate. I wish they'd bring back Young Link WAITWHAT

Young Link was already disliked for being a clone of Link, so with toon link there really is no point in it.

Although they did include Gerudo Valley in the 3ds version, so maybe.

~~~Darth Caedus
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

oh god no. i was sad when they dropped lucario but lucas?? i like playing as lucas so much and after seeing mother characters in ssbb i decided to also try the games... me is so sad right now

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

They haven't dropped anybody yet.

I'm not too sure on this but Lucas probably won't make it. No one seems interested in him anymore not even Nintendo. So he probably won't make it.

R.O.B. same with Lucas, I don't think anyone cares about him anymore.

I doubt they'd drop either of these two for lack of interest, as the Ice Climbers weren't relevant at all at the time of Melee or Brawl's release and nobody really cared about them. I'd say all three of those characters are likely to appear in Sm4sh.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Zelda was announced just this morning. Glad to see more female characters.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Zelda was announced just this morning. Glad to see more female characters.

I said this over on the Sky9 forum and I'll say it again over here.

I'm surprised they kept her TP looks instead of going to SS like they did with Link. But I suppose SS zelda doesn't look much like a fighter.

p.s. The Darknut, attack or assist trophey?

~~~Darth Caedus
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I almost forgot. Zelda looks jealous.
http://www.smashbros.com/images/character/zelda/screen-9.jpg

~~~Darth Caedus

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

The Darknut, attack or assist trophey?

That's what I was wondering as well because when she's 'summoning' the Phantom(another name for Dark Nut, there's also Iron Knuckle). She seems to be doing the same pose as in the pic you just posted.

I'm leaning towards assist because it just seems more appropriate.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

That's what I was wondering as well because when she's 'summoning' the Phantom(another name for Dark Nut, there's also Iron Knuckle). She seems to be doing the same pose as in the pic you just posted.
Yeah, that does look like her I think down taunt.

Also, having played both TP and OoT, I have to say Darknuts are a better choice than iron nuckles (A giant sword it throws at you, a shield, and another slimmer sword. compared to the one axe of iron knuckles)

~~~Darth Caedus
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Also, having played both TP and OoT, I have to say Darknuts are a better choice than iron nuckles (A giant sword it throws at you, a shield, and another slimmer sword. compared to the one axe of iron knuckles)

Yeah but it looks more like a Phantom design from Phantom HourGlass and Spirit Tracks.

Also just some news. Sakurai is taking a break from posting pic of the day and will return January 6.
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

I'm surprised they kept her TP looks instead of going to SS like they did with Link. But I suppose SS zelda doesn't look much like a fighter.

The Link design in SSB4 is from Twilight Princess.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I guess that is tp. Its been a while since I last looked at it and I didn't make as big as a comparison.

However, his face is definitely the SS art style. So TP looks, SS artstyle.

~~~Darth Caedus
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I always thought it was the design from the Zelda U trailer.
red303
red303
7,571 posts
Shepherd

I think It's safe to say that most of the pokemon will be switched out. jigglypuff and pikachu have a better chance of staying, though, because they were in both ssb melee and ssb brawl. I think they might bring a few of the pokemon from melee or the original super smash bros.

Showing 31-45 of 293