Forums

ForumsVideo Games

Super Smash Bros. 4

Posted Dec 27, '13 at 10:38pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

3,175 posts

That's what I was wondering as well because when she's 'summoning' the Phantom(another name for Dark Nut, there's also Iron Knuckle). She seems to be doing the same pose as in the pic you just posted.
Yeah, that does look like her I think down taunt.

Also, having played both TP and OoT, I have to say Darknuts are a better choice than iron nuckles (A giant sword it throws at you, a shield, and another slimmer sword. compared to the one axe of iron knuckles)

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Dec 27, '13 at 11:00pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

18,003 posts

Knight

Also, having played both TP and OoT, I have to say Darknuts are a better choice than iron nuckles (A giant sword it throws at you, a shield, and another slimmer sword. compared to the one axe of iron knuckles)

Yeah but it looks more like a Phantom design from Phantom HourGlass and Spirit Tracks.

Also just some news. Sakurai is taking a break from posting pic of the day and will return January 6.

Posted Dec 27, '13 at 11:11pm

Pazx

Pazx

6,123 posts

I'm surprised they kept her TP looks instead of going to SS like they did with Link. But I suppose SS zelda doesn't look much like a fighter.

The Link design in SSB4 is from Twilight Princess.

Posted Dec 27, '13 at 11:23pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

3,175 posts

I guess that is tp. Its been a while since I last looked at it and I didn't make as big as a comparison.

However, his face is definitely the SS art style. So TP looks, SS artstyle.

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Dec 27, '13 at 11:39pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

18,003 posts

Knight

I always thought it was the design from the Zelda U trailer.

Posted Dec 28, '13 at 7:54am

red303

red303

5,835 posts

I think It's safe to say that most of the pokemon will be switched out. jigglypuff and pikachu have a better chance of staying, though, because they were in both ssb melee and ssb brawl. I think they might bring a few of the pokemon from melee or the original super smash bros.

Posted Dec 28, '13 at 1:16pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

3,175 posts

I think It's safe to say that most of the pokemon will be switched out. jigglypuff and pikachu have a better chance of staying, though, because they were in both ssb melee and ssb brawl. I think they might bring a few of the pokemon from melee or the original super smash bros.

I hope they keep (and improve) pokemon trainer

and bring back mewtwo.

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Dec 28, '13 at 4:21pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

18,003 posts

Knight

I hope they keep (and improve) pokemon trainer

I hope they give him new Pokemon. If they do that I'm thinking maybe Johto or Kalos Pokemon.

Posted Dec 30, '13 at 7:23am

Pazx

Pazx

6,123 posts

However, his face is definitely the SS art style. So TP looks, SS artstyle.

I'm gonna disagree. The rest of his design is clearly the TP Link, why would his face be different? The SS Link seems to have softer features, particularly the eyebrows and hair. This is partly due to the art style used in SS, with less intricate detail possible in comparison to TP and by extension SSBB and Sm4sh.

Posted Jan 1, '14 at 12:22am

Jacen96

Jacen96

3,175 posts

I'm gonna disagree. The rest of his design is clearly the TP Link, why would his face be different? The SS Link seems to have softer features, particularly the eyebrows and hair. This is partly due to the art style used in SS, with less intricate detail possible in comparison to TP and by extension SSBB and Sm4sh.

If you compare the artstyles of TP and SS, there is a definite blend of SS's artstyle into SSB4U's link.

Reply to Super Smash Bros. 4

You must be logged in to post a reply!