ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] Chinese player can't play it because of Youtube

9 2720
flyraibow
flyraibow
2 posts
Nomad

Chinese government block some internet web site including Youtube, Facebook and twitter. And I found that before the game, we need to download ad from Youtube. Therefore we are not access to the game unless we use some technology method to kill the wall, which only a few people know.

Is there any solution to solve this? Such as add a button to escape the ads after 10 sec, or use different ads in different area.

• 9 Replies
boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

China makes up a decent amount of our traffic, and we are recording plays from there. What part of China are you in? Do you have an ad blocker installed?

SpearAndSword
SpearAndSword
41 posts
Nomad

I'm not sure the player can do anything whether he has his own ad blocker installed because it seems like the government is doing the blocking, not his software.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Proxy my friend. I used proxies in China when I want to use those sites. Alternatively.

Baidu sheng me dou you de.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

[quote=boppins]China makes up a decent amount of our traffic, and we are recording plays from there. What part of China are you in? Do you have an ad blocker installed?[/quote]

[quote=SpearAndSword]I'm not sure the player can do anything whether he has his own ad blocker installed because it seems like the government is doing the blocking, not his software.[/quote]

I think the point Boppins was trying to make is it appears there are other players from China here.

So to then try and rule out any other issues makes sense. Some adblockers or content filtering software apparently interfering with ads calling on YouTube has been much reported on here.

SpearAndSword
SpearAndSword
41 posts
Nomad

Ah, my bad. I see now what he was trying to say.

The proxy idea makes a lot of sense and seems like the reason why plays are being recorded from China. I used proxies at work before they blocked them too

flyraibow
flyraibow
2 posts
Nomad

China makes up a decent amount of our traffic, and we are recording plays from there. What part of China are you in? Do you have an ad blocker installed?

I am in Shanghai. But that's not the point. We can't link to the Youtube or facebook. So we can't load the ad in the game, and we can get into the game.
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

You get these online free proxy services these days. I don't have one to recommend to you, and it's not impossible your govt blocks those, just as well, but see what a web search on +free +proxy does for you.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

nb

see what a web search on +free +proxy does for you

If that search string alone doesn't bring in the special squad, of course

Just another friendly word to the wise.
Showing 1-8 of 9