Forums

ForumsProgramming Forum

Beta test Sal's game

Posted Nov 30, '13 at 12:59pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

It isn't related, but that @person linking thing is cool. Didn't know it was there.

Posted Nov 30, '13 at 3:44pm

weirdlike

weirdlike

622 posts

Knight

I felt that the game was quaint, and humorous.

Posted Nov 30, '13 at 5:20pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

Thanks weirdlike. ^_^

I just updated again. Latest version contains a boatload of fixes of all sorts. The most prominent bug fixed was the one KentyBK pointed out.

Posted Dec 1, '13 at 7:45pm

Riptizoid101

Riptizoid101

3,385 posts

Just beta tested it... and I like it. Only problem is that text can sometimes get a bit cluttered, but other than that small little thing, it's coming along nicely. =P

Posted Dec 1, '13 at 9:29pm

TerminatorXM214

TerminatorXM214

226 posts

I don't know if I did it right, but it opened in the command prompt thing.

Which made it a bit hard to read and stuff, but I expect you'll change that later on, if you continue working on this.

Great game, you say I'd do good as a cross country trucker? Always wanted to be a trucker.

The enemy name thing should be fixed though. I pressed 'n' the second time it asked for an enemy name. Maybe it has to be capitalized and at minimum 2 letters or something.

Posted Dec 1, '13 at 9:54pm

stinkyjim

stinkyjim

464 posts

While attempting to install the game, I get this message:

This program is not commonly downloaded and could harm your computer

It's probably one of my anti-virus softwares, but it doesn't allow me to disregard the warning.

Posted Dec 2, '13 at 2:07pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

What? You got this as an executable? :O That's super cool.

Call me picky, but I don't think it gives a very good writing intro before firing a whole bunch of IQ questions. Also, am I just that bad at the game, that I only had one fight and then it restarted, or is the game respectively short?

Otherwise, nice. Do you have source code? :3

Posted Dec 2, '13 at 2:24pm

KentyBK

KentyBK

555 posts

Do you have source code? :3

http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-ssh.gif You can unzip it like any ol' archive file.

Posted Dec 2, '13 at 2:31pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

Even so, those are all object (.class) files, not the source code (.java) files that are uncompiled; that is, unless there's something else that I'm missing.

Posted Dec 2, '13 at 2:35pm

KentyBK

KentyBK

555 posts

Yes, but it's still Java, i.e pretty darn easy to decompile.

Reply to Beta test Sal's game

You must be logged in to post a reply!