ForumsThe TavernBlack Friday conquered!!

10 2988
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Here's a shout out to all the folks who had to work tonight. It feels good to get it out of the way.

• 10 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I'm working later...noon to 4pm

Then again I work at White Castle.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Do food joints have sales?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

We aren't..don't know about any other place.

We've been having plenty of people using the coupons we've been handing out in all the different ways (from store, sending to mail, etc), but that's unrelated to Black Friday.

Expected to be an easy day (and apparently Thanksgiving day is one of our, if not the, slowest day)

Binary_Illusion
Binary_Illusion
300 posts
Jester

Haha thanks, it wasn't too bad for us. A fight with a bat and a knife broke out, but nothing massive, few things stolen, but I am sure we made over 500k tonight

Pieguyme
Pieguyme
1,010 posts
Farmer

I don't work at any of those places, but I live by three or four of the stores that had sales. Every parking space was filled! I don't know how you guys who work there put up with it.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Black Friday is an interesting day. From what I see it's a day where people massacre each other for products that don't last them very long. Black Friday is a great day to fight someone just for the sake of fighting too.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

I conquer Black Friday by staying home.

Pieguyme
Pieguyme
1,010 posts
Farmer

I just found a site called "Black Friday Death Count.[url=http://blackfridaydeathcount.com/]"

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,524 posts
Farmer

8-5, could have been worse. Not a lot of traffic throughout the day, I heard it was much worse when they opened up the doors at midnight.

TerminatorXM214
TerminatorXM214
222 posts
Blacksmith

Gamestop was mobbed 8 hours before it opened.

Glad I don't work at a Black Friday related business.

Showing 1-10 of 10