ForumsNews and Feedbackads

8 6743
raunchy
raunchy
40 posts
Blacksmith

wasn't part of the reason I made an account about 2 years ago was so I wouldn't not be forced to watch ads everytime I want to play a game here? I had been playing things here for many years before that and pop up ads before games were never an issue. then I was told make an account and you wont be forced to watch ads again. now im being forced to watch ads again STOP IT.

• 8 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Websites offering free online gaming need to raise money somewhere along the line as making, hosting and distributing games is not something that can be done without funding. Advertisements are a source to provide this funding, which is something that's inevitable.

Most advertisements have a "Skip this add" button showing after 5 seconds, which means they are giving you the option to disregard the advertisement and move on to the game pretty quickly.

Please understand this necessity and continue to enjoy the wonderful games hosted on this free website! Have fun! Game on! =)

raunchy
raunchy
40 posts
Blacksmith

I understand the reason for ads and that's why we have banners at the top and bottom of every game window, behind the window, and along the comments section. im fine with those. but I was told 2 years ago that if I did not want to be forced to watch an ad before a game all I needed to do was make an account. now you have gone back on the policy.

Zergerge
Zergerge
1 posts
Bard

Hello!

I understand the reason behind ads, as you say, a website that offers games for free needs to be funded by ads. However, my pain is "Most advertisements have a "Skip this ad" button showing after 5 seconds..." with "MOST" being the imperative word. I'm not saying I like watching ads before playing, but 5 seconds are not the end of the world, and it is understandable. The problem is, that some ads are longer... a lot more longer. The agressive campaign for advertising wargaming.net games seems to have reached this site, because almost always I have to watch World of Warplanes ad over and over again, which is about 20 seconds. Well, at least its about a game, so maybe this is the right place to advertise it, but it is annoyingly long.
BUT! Yesterday I had to watch a ONE MINUTE long ad about a museum which is not even close to me. There were no skip button or anything. As a registered user I find this way too much. The "5 second ads" are OK, but to watch an ad for a minute about something you are entirely uninterested in is not OK.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

but I was told 2 years ago that if I did not want to be forced to watch an ad before a game all I needed to do was make an account. now you have gone back on the policy.

I've been here since '08 and we've never had that policy or agreement. The only thing anything like that was when you tried to view comments on user profiles when not logged in. You'd get a message that said something to the tune of "Log in to disable advertisements and view the comments."
raunchy
raunchy
40 posts
Blacksmith

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

...yes. On comments, not on games. To my knowledge, we don't even do that anymore. Let me check.

Just checked, and we don't do that anymore. All we have is a "Log in to view comments" on games now.
Squint1
Squint1
3 posts
Farmer

I've been tagged to see an ad for AARP techie something. It won't load, even when I go to youtube. but it is the default ad for me for EVERY game. Can't play at all. Kind of stuck

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I've been tagged

What? Do you mean like the ad just shows up for everything? and many others have experienced/are experiencing this problem too, if I'm correct.
Showing 1-8 of 8