ForumsThe TavernOur Habits

36 10212
clhkph
clhkph
121 posts
Blacksmith

So, I was just wondering what habits other people have. I asked my friend and it turns out we had the same habit. When I hit, scratched, or go up the stairs I "balance stuff out", meaning if my leg gets hit I slap my other leg to keep the pain balanced. And when I'm going up the stairs I distribute the weight evenly so if I take a heavy step by accident I take a heavy step with my other foot etc., etc.
The question now is: What are YOUR habits?

• 36 Replies
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I just go to toiled and watch my poop droping in the toilet everyday...Yes i know i have a sad life :'(

I have Ulcerative Colitis so I have to look at my poop everyday to make sure it's not black because if it is, I'm in trouble and have to go to the hospital. :O
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Whenever I eat anything, I always get food on my face, particularly on the right side. Every night I eat with my friends, and none of them tell me that there's food all over my face when I leave. You'd think one of them would notice.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

I have a tendency to pick at my scabs until they come off.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

And when I'm going up the stairs I distribute the weight evenly so if I take a heavy step by accident I take a heavy step with my other foot etc., etc.

hmmm i do that too... sometimes i just have to get those things just right.

When doing front squats or back squats off the rack, I have a habit of doing a sort of 'jump' to get in position.

i do that too... but i rarely ever do those so idk if it can be called a habit.

Whenever I eat anything, I always get food on my face, particularly on the right side. Every night I eat with my friends, and none of them tell me that there's food all over my face when I leave. You'd think one of them would notice.

*grin*... maybe they DO notice but dont say? :3
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Wher to start?

I dont throw away food. I also gather it. My refrigirator at the base is full with garbage i left there, like old milk, old cupckaes and etc. I tell to myself "ill eat it later". I dont.

I collect shiny things from the ground. If i see a marble or a nice rock or a paper clip, i just have to pick it. My room is full with these too.

I put my legd up when i sit. Always. I dont even notice it. I just find myself with my legs on the table.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I'm obsessed with making sure I have a neat appearance. I'll change my shirt 3-4 times a day.

I also like to watch the ground for coins n' stuff. I'll run into people some days doing that.

Those are good habits IMO.

Bad habits... Hmmm, none of those. Rather hard being perfect if I do say so.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I dont throw away food. I also gather it. My refrigirator at the base is full with garbage i left there, like old milk, old cupckaes and etc. I tell to myself "ill eat it later". I dont.

You might be a hoarder! :O
clhkph
clhkph
121 posts
Blacksmith

Well, these are...actually what I expected when I started this thread!
I don't really think this is a habit but I used to lose all my pencils in school every day so I picked up every writing utensil I could find on the ground, even gross ones with bite marks and spit. :P

jeff2241
jeff2241
120 posts
Nomad

if i'm walking somewhere and I hear music, I don't walk, I dance the whole way. i'm a terrible dancer, and when i'm with friends it's ok but it's weird when i'm by myself.

evilindisguise2
evilindisguise2
8 posts
Peasant

I stay on this site for hours on end stalking people

thecode11
thecode11
239 posts
Nomad

(When walking, and this could be from my ADHD, but I have a tendency to look all over (usually darting my head from random place to random place)..especially if I see movement from something or if I hear something. Probably looks interesting if you are someone passing me or walking behind me, but hey...at least I'm well aware of my surroundings.)sorry im on mobile.

Yeah i got that from martial arts training.

Also I have to scratch my teeth to get the germs off it i can't just brush my teeth it doesn't work.

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

Also I have to scratch my teeth to get the germs off it i can't just brush my teeth it doesn't work.

I thought I was the only one who does that.
LaurenLouise1507
LaurenLouise1507
88 posts
Nomad

I chew my pen lids and if I watch a film by myself I forward through it automatically and don't watch the whole thing. Also, I don't know if this is OCD but my room has to be tidy, if one thing is out of place then I rearrange everything. And I eat when I'm bored... so basically most of the time :S

IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

If I'm anxious or worried I keep biting my nails, shaking and paranoid about who's around me and can't sit still.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

On AG I frequently type excessively long posts and then delete them because I can't stand reading my own writing.

Showing 16-30 of 36