ForumsWEPRMatthias Rath

3 4725
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

This isn't exactly topical, but I just read this stuff by British journalist/author Ben Goldacre and... wow. I was gobsmacked by what I read. Just read it:[url=http://badscience.net/files/The-Doctor-Will-Sue-You-Now.pdf]

• 3 Replies
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Oops, just realized Matthias has two ts.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

Link fix

I see there are a number of views, but no replies. No doubt people are either trying to - or have given up on - reading the pdf file. I'm skimming it now, though maybe a summation of the argument would help this conversation get going.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

I see there are a number of views, but no replies. No doubt people are either trying to - or have given up on - reading the pdf file.

I read it, but there's no given topic to talk about.

though maybe a summation of the argument would help this conversation get going.

Quick breakdown: Matthias Rath is someone who claims ARVs are what cause illness in people who have HIV/AIDs, not the virus itself. He markets his vitamins as the best solution to treating/preventing the symptoms and has the support of the South African government. Through usage of misapplied science and disinformation he tries to discredit any people that oppose him, often pursuing legal action and touting a conspiracy by the pharmaceutical companies of the world as the main enemy.
Showing 1-3 of 3