ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] A way to change my username?

6 3838
ronronANDES
ronronANDES
2 posts
Nomad

Is there a way to change my username? I want my old username to be changed to Ronskie as that's the name I'm using.

• 6 Replies
Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Unfortunately, there is no way to change your username as of right now. However, you could always make yourself a new account.

Otherwise, your best bet is to wait until they implement the username change feature (if they're actually going to do such thing).

ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

@ronronANDES

Is there a way to change my username? I want my old username to be changed to Ronskie as that's the name I'm using.

Sadly, currently there is no easy way in which this can be done.
You can always ask @Ferret ,but you need to have a really good reason for such a thing.

If you'd like a different username, I suggest you starting a new account.
But beware, AG has rules for alternative accounts.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

If you'd like a different username, I suggest you starting a new account.
But beware, AG has rules for alternative accounts.

To clarify..

What you would need to do for the new account is to completely disable this one. To do so, lock your comments, sign out, and never return.
Create your new account, and bam! You're good.
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

There may be a feature in the future that will allow this, but at this time that feature doesn't exist. Sorry!

Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

There may be a feature in the future that will allow this, but at this time that feature doesn't exist.

Ok yes that would be good. Can any one explain how you would know that they changed their username... would there be a notification or what.... I mean if Ferret changed his name we would probably think ferret left and a new ADMIN replaced him, Same for normal users. How would we know??

~~Black~~
Showing 1-5 of 6