Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Hi, I'm Terry_The_Disco...

Posted Dec 9, '13 at 7:09pm

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

4,222 posts

Wait. No I'm not.

Usernames deemed too long appear to cut themselves off profile pages now. For people with usernames under 15 characters, this does not pose a problem, but for those of us who were foolish enough to give ourselves really long usernames, a percentage of our names get cut off in the middle of our profile.

I'm thinking that the problem here lies not within the length of the username, but the size of the text used to display it. Would it be possible, for those of us with "big-boned" usernames, to have the size of the text altered so that our entire name actually fits on our own profile?

Posted Dec 9, '13 at 8:05pm

Ferret

Ferret

6,877 posts

Administrator

Well, even without that little change we made - your username doesn't look great. There is talk of re-working the profile page eventually, and we'll certainly look at you longer-named folks. :)

Posted Dec 9, '13 at 9:01pm

UnleashedUponMankind

UnleashedUponMankind

6,502 posts

While i reading this thread... my hackles raises --> UnleashedUpon...

:(

Posted Dec 9, '13 at 9:44pm

Ferret

Ferret

6,877 posts

Administrator

We'll look at getting this fixed soon.

Posted Dec 12, '13 at 6:30pm

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

4,222 posts

Well, even without that little change we made - your username doesn't look great.

Not at all. I didn't put anything on my profile until recently because my username got a bit too friendly with the word about.

Thank you for looking into this. I think I'll be more inclined to log in if my page is beautiful.

Posted Dec 13, '13 at 2:51am

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,838 posts

I kind of like. It's like a 'Fill in the blank' game. MadLibs? Is that what they are called? Sure, I'm going with that.

So now it's all like "Terry_The_Disco...Toad" or "Terry_The_Disco...Organizer". It's fun for folks of all ages.

Posted Dec 13, '13 at 4:40am

danielo

danielo

1,748 posts

I love you devoidless.... Im literaly on the floor right now...

Posted Dec 16, '13 at 5:20pm

Ferret

Ferret

6,877 posts

Administrator

This has been fixed, @lroot was kind enough to sneak this back in. Full names are now displayed.

Posted Dec 16, '13 at 9:51pm

UnleashedUponMankind

UnleashedUponMankind

6,502 posts

Hooray :)

Reply to Hi, I'm Terry_The_Disco...

You must be logged in to post a reply!