ForumsNews and FeedbackHi, I'm Terry_The_Disco...

8 4270
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Wait. No I'm not.

Usernames deemed too long appear to cut themselves off profile pages now. For people with usernames under 15 characters, this does not pose a problem, but for those of us who were foolish enough to give ourselves really long usernames, a percentage of our names get cut off in the middle of our profile.

I'm thinking that the problem here lies not within the length of the username, but the size of the text used to display it. Would it be possible, for those of us with "big-boned" usernames, to have the size of the text altered so that our entire name actually fits on our own profile?

• 8 Replies
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Well, even without that little change we made - your username doesn't look great. There is talk of re-working the profile page eventually, and we'll certainly look at you longer-named folks.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

While i reading this thread... my hackles raises --> UnleashedUpon...

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

We'll look at getting this fixed soon.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Well, even without that little change we made - your username doesn't look great.

Not at all. I didn't put anything on my profile until recently because my username got a bit too friendly with the word about.

Thank you for looking into this. I think I'll be more inclined to log in if my page is beautiful.
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

I kind of like. It's like a 'Fill in the blank' game. MadLibs? Is that what they are called? Sure, I'm going with that.

So now it's all like "Terry_The_Disco...Toad" or "Terry_The_Disco...Organizer". It's fun for folks of all ages.

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

I love you devoidless.... Im literaly on the floor right now...

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

This has been fixed, @lroot was kind enough to sneak this back in. Full names are now displayed.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Hooray

Showing 1-8 of 8