ForumsSupport ForumAll games crash after level 1

8 3370
quamp
quamp
10 posts
Jester

All right, I am using IE 10 and Windows 7. I have played several games (The Choice, Drawfender, and Feudalism III to name a few) and they all do the same thing: After level one, the game freezes. Is this something site-wide or what? I tried searching, and nothing came up.

• 8 Replies
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

IE 10 and Windows 7 I know nothing about.

To try a few other browsers is a good suggestion, it may automagically resolve your issue. (Note there's no harm in having several web browsers on your machine, or even opening them all at once, and so neither does it require uninstalling the one to install another.)

It could be a blocking issue on your part, see here & onwards from there. Although all your games loading but then crashing later, seems very odd, and not something I've often heard of before.

But see if those thoughts may help you. I would try out a few other browsers, first. Let us know what happens.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

ps I see now you've been a member since 2011.

Is this new behavior to you? Have you recently moved to the set-up you describe?

quamp
quamp
10 posts
Jester

I really haven't felt the need to do this until now.
To answer you questions, I cannot use any other browser, because armorgames itself doesn't work in any other browser (Firefox, Chrome, etc.) I get that black screen problem - and no, the solution provided in the thread over there doesn't work at all.

quamp
quamp
10 posts
Jester

The only browser that will even work is IE at this time.
Also, I found Drawfender on another site, and it worked fine there.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

The only browser that will even work is IE at this time.

I fail to understand how IE (largely accepted as the worst browser currently available) is the only one that will work/play game on AG. If IE is the only browser you can get to work/start games on AG in, then you have serious underlying issues.

Have you looked over this thread at all? It contains common errors and the causes, along with solutions to them. I don't see how you could have gone through that and not found a solution or at least somewhere to start the process.
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

I cannot use any other browser, because armorgames itself doesn't work in any other browser (Firefox, Chrome, etc.)

I can only chime in with Devoidless, and countless other users here: I get by fine on ArmorGames using Firefox, as do lots of others, whilst e.g. Google Chrome equally has its dedicated fans here.

No idea what you're running into; do check that other thread Devoidless pointed to just above.
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

pps, To repeat:

[quote=quamp]I am using IE 10 and Windows 7.[/quote]

ps I see now you've been a member since 2011.

Is this new behavior to you? Have you recently moved to the set-up you describe?

You still haven't answered this. Did you recently move to Windows 7? Did the problem start occurring then?

Others: Are there known issues with Win7, have similar issues been reported on before? Again, I don't know Win7, so wouldn't know.
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Then ppps:

I have played several games (The Choice, Drawfender, and Feudalism III to name a few) and they all do the same thing: After level one, the game freezes.

I get that black screen problem

I don't understand how you can be facing both problems: Either your games all play through level one, then freeze; or, you get a black screen.

I don't see how it can be both at once. I'm not disbelieving you, but I think you need to describe your issue more clearly.
Showing 1-8 of 8