ForumsSupport ForumItalicizing words in comments, not just in Forum Posts

14 2398
jeffwak906
jeffwak906
237 posts
Shepherd

Hey, I had an idea of being able to italicize words in comments, not just forum posts. This would be simple to use (Just do word(s) of choice) and would let AG users to be able to stress words more clearly. It wouldn't interfere with merits, since those are bolded and enlarged. I have already talked to a Moderator about this, but I want to see if the members of AG would even like this idea before AG went and did this, then we didn't like it. So, please leave your opinion on this, so I know what you'd think of it!

~Jeff~

• 14 Replies
Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

I think that it would not harm anything or anyone :P so i think it would be awesome to be able to use this coding in comments. Now let me ask you, was this idea for game comments, and or profile wall comments?

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Some people may over use it. When they are writing a good long merit(maybe..) worthy post, they might just bold it. And besidees, those that have been merited are bigger and bolded.

GregWeeler
GregWeeler
259 posts
Nomad

I like the idea. It could stress certain parts of what you are saying, and they can just disable the bold BB on games.

I would like it. Especially in your About.

me44
me44
154 posts
Peasant

I saw that is a great idea

Avrilicious
Avrilicious
525 posts
Peasant

I saw you,post this idea on Carlie's wall aswell.Well yea,I like the idea and as Greg said it would be awesome in your about but I wouldn't think we should be aloud do it on games,then people would use bold while doing a merit worthy comment,say to a mod hey how come I didn't get credit but my comment is merited?

KoS
KoS
86 posts
Nomad

Yea,this a good idea.I really like it sometimes I would actually try to do this on some peoples pages but I was wondering why it didn't work.BB code isn't on on profiles only in the forums.

~~~KoS~~~

Ninjacube
Ninjacube
584 posts
Nomad

I don't think it should be allowed because it will only contribute more to spam in the game comments section.

SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM LOOK AT ME IM SPAMMING!!

If you catch my drift...

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

That's already possible. Just type then type what you want to type then type . Simple.

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

Lol I accidentally bolded it.

Put a b inside [] those brackets and at the end of your sentance, put /b inside [] brackets. Presto!

Avrilicious
Avrilicious
525 posts
Peasant

Ha ha flappy you tried BB Code on my profile it doesn't work.

jeffwak906
jeffwak906
237 posts
Shepherd

Sorry, but it seems people are confused. There wouldn't be any bolding at all, since that is reserved for merits. It is simply the italics I am going for. Some people are thinking I meant bolding, too. It is just italicizing words, and you can do that by (i) and then putting (/i) when you are done putting yours words in. But instead of the parentheses, you use these guys - [ ] [ ] Sorry to have confused you all, hope it is clarified!

StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

Jeffwak put it pretty good. Bolding comments would be hard for the mods (on games) to desifer which comments have been merited. So this probably isn't going to work.

jeffwak906
jeffwak906
237 posts
Shepherd

Once again, you are not getting it. This does not include bolding! Just italics, and they are for (hopefully) comments. Once again, this does not include bolding in regular comment because it would interfere with merits!

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

Heheh. I guess there's a reason the title says 'Italicizing words in comments...' no? How funny.

Anywayz, I think it can be put to good use, that way we have some way to 'EMPHISISE' when we talk in the Comments(secretly planning behind what is publicly said to use it for sarcasm). So I'm on the Italics for Comments! side of this suggestion =D

Sarcasm will take over the Profiles if this SUggestion is made true >=)

Showing 1-14 of 14